Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:05 PM

Re: Music concerts that you’ve attended

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Hey DooD

Wow - very varied and a nice selection. Picked out a few that I would have loved to see myself AND your list appears incomplete! There’s more to come

Rainbow
Rush
Supertramp
Ian Drury x2
Elvis Costello
The Cramps
Dr Feelgood x2
Wilko Johnson x12
Frank Zappa
Neil Young
Led Zeppelin x3
Queen
Toyah
The Tubes
The Smiths
Morrissey
Dire Straits
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:36 PM

Interesting Bruce
Yeah - that kinda means something else in SA
I suspect that the term means the same everywhere but I also suspect that is where it came from.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:35 PM

Concert at Brighton to see just Cliff Richard. last concert we went to with my late Friend Rosi and Husband's best friend at the time, also a Cliff.....Parking was horrendous, like it is still I understand from My Sister who regularly goes there with her Art Work. Was a great evening..love live concerts..fullstop...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Hoping to see ELO and Pink Floyd ere I shuffle off this mortal coil.
No chance of seeing Floyd live again since those still alive have all gone their own separate ways. I recommend Think Floyd as a good alternative. They do not class themselves as a tribute band but, like it or lump it, that's how they come across.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's quite respectable - wonder how they cope with The Great Gig in the Sky?
Brit Floyd is an excellent Floyd tribute band. I haven't seen them yet but have watched all their YouTube videos over and over. Here's the Great Gig In The Sky:

As a matter of interest, a new Floyd tribute band, Atom Heart Floyd is doing the rounds of small UK venues. I've not heard any of their output yet.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No chance of seeing Floyd live again since those still alive have all gone their own separate ways. I recommend Think Floyd as a good alternative. They do not class themselves as a tribute band but, like it or lump it, that's how they come across.

Brit Floyd is an excellent Floyd tribute band. I haven't seen them yet but have watched all their YouTube videos over and over. Here's the Great Gig In The Sky:

As a matter of interest, a new Floyd tribute band, Atom Heart Floyd is doing the rounds of small UK venues. I've not heard any of their output yet.
That’s an excellent faux Pink Floyd band. They are very good.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:46 PM

You’ve been to SA? What did you think of the place then? It’s a crap day to be South African - they can’t even get a vaccine program to work
My travels took me there in 1968, went to the top of Table Mountain, we got lost and wandered through a very posh white area and the edge of an unposh black area. I say "we" consisting of four 21 year olds singles who met on the ship.

The things that I remember was not daring to sit on the public seats or entering some shops because we couldn't work out whether "Niet Blanks" (sp?) meant "No Blacks" or "No Whites". Also the main railway station had an enormous frontage for whites and one tiny entrance for blacks. It was a very beautiful country totally spoilt by apartheid (and still is)

Unfortunately after all this time I can't distinguish between memories of Durban and Cape Town (except the Table Mountain)

As for a vaccine program if you want to know how to completely stuff up a vaccine program and successfully ruin a successful Covid eradication carried out by the states then it is hard to go past our PM Scotty from Marketing - he and his cronies are a total waste of space
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My travels took me there in 1968, went to the top of Table Mountain, we got lost and wandered through a very posh white area and the edge of an unposh black area. I say "we" consisting of four 21 year olds singles who met on the ship.

The things that I remember was not daring to sit on the public seats or entering some shops because we couldn't work out whether "Niet Blanks" (sp?) meant "No Blacks" or "No Whites". Also the main railway station had an enormous frontage for whites and one tiny entrance for blacks. It was a very beautiful country totally spoilt by apartheid (and still is)

Unfortunately after all this time I can't distinguish between memories of Durban and Cape Town (except the Table Mountain)

As for a vaccine program if you want to know how to completely stuff up a vaccine program and successfully ruin a successful Covid eradication carried out by the states then it is hard to go past our PM Scotty from Marketing - he and his cronies are a total waste of space
What an interesting perspective Bruce.

It’s Net Blanke meaning whites only.

I recall once my Dad popped us 4 little girls (my sisters) in the back of the car and we drove down the coast. I must have been about 5.

My mom had packed us sandwiches - so we stopped by the roadside to have a quick break - not even going down to the beach.

A Black guard came to tell my Dad that we were not permitted to stop there as it was for Whites only. You could see the guard was heartbroken to tell us this but he was just doing his job.

So , my Dad piled us back into the car and that my friend was my introduction to apartheid. It was a difficult ride home as my Dad attempted to explain to 4 bewildered little girls that the colour of our skin meant something different in SA.

I remember when the signs were removed- the first thing we did was go to the white beach’s because we could not swim at our designated Indian beach since the continental shelf dropped drastically in that part of the coastline. That first swim in the best part of the coastline was everything I had imagined it to be and so much more. Freedom!

You’re right - this is a beautiful country and we have many legacy issues to resolve and stop corruption

Here’s a blast from the past- I recall these signs so well. It’s a part of my childhood memories

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3D8056D-8935-49B9-96CB-C3DD5CA4BFAE.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	16367

Click image for larger version

Name:	ED99CB20-D334-4FE7-96C3-BD01CF6B9AE0.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	16368

Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 07:56 PM

I am so very happy things have gotten better for you Minx my friend. It breaks my heart whenever I hear stories like that.
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 08:00 PM

Saw this one from the nose bleed section in 1990:

Out of the blue someone handed me and my friend tickets since they couldn't go, so it was a spur of the moment thing. Happy happenstance.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
I am so very happy things have gotten better for you Minx my friend. It breaks my heart whenever I hear stories like that.
Thanks Plank

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top