Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Re: The Gardening Year 2013

Oh, I forgot...someone asked about lawn cutting...no, not me but my old neighbours daughter has put the place on the market, so she did his. She said, dad would never have forgiven me if the grass grew long. Bless .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
So is mine Meg! I put three in a couple of years ago, all different colours, in a group and they are now all the same colour
I am quite pleased with mine Janela, I am surprised you have whitefly already .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
cant do that here right now were deep in snow ice
Stay warm Pixie I am sure you will be able to get out in the garden soon..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Where I sprayed the whitefly in the greenhouse they are all dead I've sprayed the plants with water to wash them and everything looks fresh now. I was hoping not to use chemicals any more but needs must .....
I've been sowing seeds over Easter. French and African marigolds (my own seeds) Squash and tomatoes. We've made some paper pots (a pot press from dil ) for runner beans and sweet peas. In fact I've had a lovely time My only moan is that I am fast running out of room
I will be clearing the lower shelves this week to make room for more seed trays.
My lawn needs cutting - can't persuade hubby to get the mower out though
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2013, 06:48 PM

I love those big orange Marigolds, they are the only flowers I will allow in the garden,beautiful.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

07-04-2013, 05:08 PM

I put my foot down and hubby got the mower out the lawn is now cut I did a high cut and was amazed at how much I took off .. didn't use the proper mower, just the hover .. I intend scarifying it and then use the big mower with a grass box during the week.
Tidied some of the clematis, which are all sprouting and fiddled around in the greenhouse, while hubby edged the lawn. Was amazed to see we spent five hours out there!
Only one disappointment, none of my seeds are sprouting yet
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

07-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I put my foot down and hubby got the mower out the lawn is now cut I did a high cut and was amazed at how much I took off .. didn't use the proper mower, just the hover .. I intend scarifying it and then use the big mower with a grass box during the week.
Tidied some of the clematis, which are all sprouting and fiddled around in the greenhouse, while hubby edged the lawn. Was amazed to see we spent five hours out there!
Only one disappointment, none of my seeds are sprouting yet
Sounds like you did well Janela I cut the lawns a few weeks ago and the haven't grown much because it is so cold...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

07-04-2013, 06:44 PM

If I'm being honest Meg, I hope the lawn doesn't grow much yet either.
I've an awful back ache now..stretching across the hips
I'll be having a hot shower and two painkillers tonight.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Mrs P has been doing her spring pruning and as usual I have been in charge of picking up all the debris and disposing of it, which can be quite a task as Mrs P is a merciless pruner...

I have been sowing seeds in the greenhouse in trays rather than open ground as I would normally just to give them a bit of a start. Even with the weather getting a touch milder now I'm not convinced that the hard frosts have completely disappeared for a few weeks yet.

Been to the nursery today and bought strawberry plants which I'm planting into troughs this year rather than in a seed bed, as all of the fruit rotted last year because of the wet....please let it be a touch drier this summer...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

11-04-2013, 07:17 PM

Been to the nursery today and bought strawberry plants which I'm planting into troughs this year rather than in a seed bed, as all of the fruit rotted last year because of the wet....please let it be a touch drier this summer.
Barry I moved my strawberries into troughs in the autumn and they look ok After last years disastrous summer they can't do any worse.
I intent to move the troughs around the garden to take advantage of the sun .
My sister has some strawberries in hanging containers and they do really well.

This time last year I had planted my runner beans in doors ready for an early crop, I won't be doing that this year

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top