Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 05:54 PM

Lawns

I did a search for a thread about lawns but couldn't find one.

We've been told to feed our lawn with fish blood and bone but have no idea of quantity per sq. yard. I've searched for it but quantities are confusing
Anyone know?
Thanks, Jan
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 06:51 PM

Re: Lawns

I just buy a propriety brand of lawn fertiliser and follow the instructions on the packet....easy peasy !
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks Alan.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

We've been told to feed our lawn with fish blood and bone but have no idea of quantity per sq. yard. I've searched for it but quantities are confusing
Anyone know?
Thanks, Jan
Oh well, I never did like that goldfish...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

30-07-2013, 06:11 PM

Hubby scarified the lawn, cut it and gave it a feed. Now, after the rain we've had, it looks so much better.
We've bought some lawn grub killer for two large brown patches and hopefully by spring we'll have a respectable lawn again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

Anyone know?
Thanks, Jan
Think I'd be careful what you put down if you've got any pets. I should think dogs in particular would be very drawn to that combination of smells, and gardening bonemeal is not safe like animal feedstuff bonemeal. Just a thought.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 08:17 AM

We just scarify in Spring and then do a twice yearly weed and feed with Fison's Evergreen, and that seems to keep the lawn in good fettle.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

31-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Jean, we don't have a dog now so no problem there.

Your regime Barry, is pretty much like ours was until hubby got really bad with his back.
Then my mum needed our attention and hubby had his spinal operations - so our lovely lawn went right down in the pecking order and lummy, does it show!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 05:43 PM

Grass needs feeding for the leaves in Spring and feeding for the roots in the autumn.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

09-09-2013, 11:56 AM

I didn't want to start a new thread but thought some might be interested in these facts regarding the lawn.
Lawns help control pollution by absorbing sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide, which the grass converts into oxygen!

A lawn measuring 50ft x 50ft can produce enough oxygen to support a family of four .. so lose your lawn at your peril

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top