Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Re: Strawberries

I guess I have a problem with any fruit having teenie seeds.. kiwis included... gets under me teeth
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 08:35 PM

I planted up 10 runners this afternoon, 4 of them into hanging pots .. it's a bit of a trial, but I'm so fed up with squirrels and birds eating them. (they even got into the netting)
If they grow and fruit well I've space for plenty.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I planted up 10 runners this afternoon, 4 of them into hanging pots .. it's a bit of a trial, but I'm so fed up with squirrels and birds eating them. (they even got into the netting)
If they grow and fruit well I've space for plenty.
I am sure they will be fine Janela
My newly planted ''Mara Des Bois'' have two flowers on them so I might get to taste them this year
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Well I have just sampled a strawberry from the newly planted perpetual variety 'Mara Des Bois'' (from Ken Muir's) . It wasn't quite ready but I decided to eat it before the slugs or heavy rain get in first .

It has a fantastic flavour I haven't tasted a strawberry like that in years
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 05:31 PM

I'm very pleased to hear that Meg.
The runners I planted have all been dug up
I'll look into the Ken Muir ones Mara Des Bois, the flavour is what it is all about!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'm very pleased to hear that Meg.
The runners I planted have all been dug up
I'll look into the Ken Muir ones Mara Des Bois, the flavour is what it is all about!
Janela I am sorry about your beans there is always next year in gardening
I have been delighted with the flavour of my beans (Aintree) this year even though the quantity has not been large and I have had black fly. I think maybe I will plant them again, a smaller quantity of something with a good taste might be the thing to aim for instead of supplying the family with a mediocre tasting bean.

I have just found out my brother buys from Ken Muir, the quality of the plants and packing was excellent.
My 6 strawberry plants are covered in blossom , apparently they fruit from July till the first frosts in October .
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 12:52 AM

Thanks for that Meg

I will definitely keep and eye out for 'Mara Des Bois'' if they ever come Down Under

I do like the prolonged fruiting period.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top