Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Re: Cat deterrents

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I have recently had my front garden 'dunnup' ~ bricks and gravel and it looks good.
The problem is that the gravel area has caught the eye of a small black cat and is evidently a great new pussy loo.
I share my life with 2 pussycats but they do not go out the front and I will not use chemicals anyway.

What I have done is to put plastic netting over the gravel ~ it doesn't show at all and has worked a treat

How do you keep your cats in the front? Seems to me that once out they go wherever or whenever they darn well please..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
How do you keep your cats in the front? Seems to me that once out they go wherever or whenever they darn well please..
I have a high side gate with trellis over the top and my felines don't even attempt to get over into the front of my property.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 12:53 PM

I tried that stuff from the zoo made of lion dung, it didn't work.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ah really ... I had vaguely considered something like that but was concerned that it might look worse than cat poo
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Perhaps you are supposed to throw it at them .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
My friend had this problem and a cat alarm worked a treat apparently.

Amazon Cat Alarms
Thanks MKJ, will look into that.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:36 PM

Here in the States, human urine is used to repell all sorts of vermin.. Rabits, squirrels, chipmunks, deer.. Not sure if it works on cats.. but you might try peeing on your flowers.. :shrug
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you already have 4 dogs be careful of sonic devices a neighbour of a friend of ours uses one and it affects her dogs too.

Yes, hadn't thought of that Julie, perhaps not a good idea after all, wouldn't want to upset my dogs. Thanks.
Was wondering more in line of information on which, if any, any of these smelly products you can buy might work best.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Here in the States, human urine is used to repell all sorts of vermin.. Rabits, squirrels, chipmunks, deer.. Not sure if it works on cats.. but you might try peeing on your flowers.. :shrug
A good fox deterrent here apparently but it has to be male urine.
Ones OH needs to scent mark the garden
AudreyII
USA

22-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
A good fox deterrent here apparently but it has to be male urine.
Ones OH needs to scent mark the garden
There.. See... easy peasy.. Besides..anatomy dictates it easier for a man to mark his territory.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top