Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Re: Todays Task!

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I used to go out after dark with my BBQ tongues and torch to collect slugs.
OH would then take them to some waste ground and release them but I later heard somewhere that you have to take them a mile or two away otherwise they will return !

Like 'homing pigeons'
Correct Rachel a research project was carried out where slugs and snails were marked before being removed from a garden and they returned. Mine won't they went in the dustbin .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Correct Rachel a research project was carried out where slugs and snails were marked before being removed from a garden and they returned. Mine won't they went in the dustbin .
Noooooooooooooooooo
Not the bin ? slugs are living creatures *tuts*

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Oh Rachel, they'll find lots to eat at the dump

I love your penguins my grandchildren would giggle at them!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I love your penguins my grandchildren would giggle at them!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 06:07 AM

More of the same today, a general clean up of the beds of weeds, and tidy up all round, but no doubt will find something else before the days out.
Just hope it keeps nice and dry, but not to hot.
Are you pottering at home today? I can't stand the crowds on Bank holidays.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

26-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Morning Arthur
I do have a vague plan for today ~ clearing up house and garden, throwing out stuff and making space. I still have a lot of OH's clothes here and they are in my way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Noooooooooooooooooo
Not the bin ? slugs are living creatures *tuts*
They went in the bin lorry this morning having eaten their way through the small bag into the main bag they will soon be out of the main bag when they get to the tip

I can't bring myself to kill them, squishing them or putting salt on is horrible << shudders>>
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 10:12 AM

No set tasks today .. just pottering.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Just come in for a break, getting very hot out there now, might pop up to the village to get some milk, and perhaps have a quick snack at the village cafe whilst there.
Must build up my energy for this afternoons big task, I am stacking a lot of heavy wood, that I want to store.
I was too ill for 3 years to do anything, and Nature was taking over, that is why I have so much to catch up on.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

26-08-2013, 02:24 PM

Just been out for awhile, but Sun stopped play, having to take a break till this evening when it cools a bit.
As Noel Coward said ---only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday Sun!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top