Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Re: Todays Task!

Snap Arthur We too are hiding from the sun - my goodness it's hot out there
I think we will wait until evening.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 07:41 PM

Todays task done and dusted, tomorrow clean out round the back of the shed, ready for a shed overhaul, which will mean a complete empty, and dismantle repair and replace.
That won't be a days task but a month or two.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Damn the tasks, I did achieve everything I promised myself, but I had a fall.
Who said stupid idiot, "I did" tripped over a piece of wood, and went arse over t..t, badly grazed my arm and bruised my hip, now my nurse is going to dress my wounds.
If I play my cards right, I might get tomorrow resting and being pampered.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Who said stupid idiot, "I did" tripped over a piece of wood, and went arse over t..t, badly grazed my arm and bruised my hip, now my nurse is going to dress my wounds.
Oh dear Arthur , a fall can really make us feel shaken as we get older. I hope the bruising won't be too painful tomorrow .

Play it for all its worth and enjoy the pampering
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Oh dear, poor you Wrinkly, hope not too much damage has been done and you're feeling a bit better soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Cleared away all my sweet peas today, they were passed their best and beginning to look a bit of an eyesore. My lovely Agapanthus are beginning to fade now too. Roses are making a last attempt to re-bloom before autumn and the tomatoes all coming ripe at once! I suppose it's nearly time to be thinking about planting the bulbs for next spring's display. . . .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

28-08-2013, 09:18 AM

I'm fine folks thank you! a bit sore but one of the joys of getting old.
Love the sweet peas Jean, they have a wonderful smell.
Damn you have given me another task, to prepare a bed and trellis for them for next year.
I am going for lavender, sedum, and some marigolds theme for next year.
Just ordered a new variety of wall flowers ready to plant now.
I get them from Jersey Direct, always have good plants at a reasonable price.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-08-2013, 11:39 PM

Glad you're on the mend Arthur.
I like the wallflowers too and although I, too, have bought from Jersey before, for the last couple of years I have grown my own from seed. I grew 220 this year because I like to have a few extra to give to friends as 'thankyou's'.
The Agapanthus were beautiful this year, I love the rich, royal blue ones. Time to start sorting through the daffodils etc saved from last year now, that's the next job, plus experimenting with Azalea cuttings. I also love to have some Amaryllis flowering for Christmas if poss. Never ending isn't it.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

31-08-2013, 09:23 AM

We used to do all our own plants at one time Jean, but they do take up a lot of our time to nurture them, and it is a bit colder up here at times so we would need heat in the greenhouse.
So we buy plugs, they still take up a lot of time, but no heat and less failures.
We can't believe the Amber begonias this year, they have been fantastic, with flowers 4 to 5 inches across, they look like roses.
When I have sorted my posting and transferring of images from one system to this system, I shall start putting some on.

Today we are taking out the old pansies and flox, and preparing the bed for the wallflowers, not a big task but it needs doing.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

01-09-2013, 06:13 AM

The Australian way to get slugs and snails is to cut the bottom off a 2 litre bottle,about 2 inches and bury it so its level with the soil,and fill it with beer! I'm fair dinkum and it works well,the beer just attracts them like flies to meat,seriously?

Billy

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top