Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 10:49 PM

Re: Parrot Tulips

Oh what a little sweetie Abby, I adore Pekins and miss mine so much.
I am incredulous about Tiffany's age, how can she be 26 or was that a typing error?
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh what a little sweetie Abby, I adore Pekins and miss mine so much.
I am incredulous about Tiffany's age, how can she be 26 or was that a typing error?
26 is Tiffany's correct age, her sister Emma also a Silkie died a couple of years ago at age of 24 but she was more fortunate in that she did not go blind. Her daughter Cassandra was a Polish bantam and was Tiffany's carer for about 12 months and died at the age of 17.

I have read in US there was a chook that lived to the age of 32.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 02:12 AM

I had no idea that chickens could live to that age. That is amazing.
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 11:04 AM

I think the most amazing part that most people do not know is that the chicken are smarter than a human toddlers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...gineering.html

The patience and empathy Ella shows Tiffany is in ways a lot more caring than humans show to each other.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Abby ->
26 is Tiffany's correct age, her sister Emma also a Silkie died a couple of years ago at age of 24 but she was more fortunate in that she did not go blind. Her daughter Cassandra was a Polish bantam and was Tiffany's carer for about 12 months and died at the age of 17.

I have read in US there was a chook that lived to the age of 32.

Well apparently the oldest recorded hen was 16, so if you're sure of your facts I would give the Guiness Book of Records a call and get her recorded, I should think they'd be very interested. Do you have that where you are?
I certainly have never heard anything like it, and would never have thought it remotely possible - so you must be doing something right Abby! In fact, I want some of what they're having
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 05:58 PM

I was amazed to hear the chicken was 26
I looked it up and it said 15 to 20 wasn't unusual so I'd definitely call the Guinness Book of Records, or maybe get it on Wikipedia somehow.
Abby
Australia

04-10-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Abby! In fact, I want some of what they're having
Everyday second day they get a tossed salad with a hardboiled egg and on alternate days I chop some dogroll meat into their salad, plus micropellets and whatever they can find around the garden - Enjoy Mups

PS. And not a wrinkle to be seen on her
Abby
Australia

04-10-2013, 04:12 AM

I belong to an American Chicken forum and there is a lady there with a chook aged 32.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top