Join for free
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Salix

I was bought a Salix tree for my birthday but dont know how to winter it as the instructions were all in a Foreign language.Are they hardy?all I know is they are very pretty.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 04:05 PM

Re: Salix

As far as I remember, it is a member of the willow family and should be a hardy tree. I'm guessing too, you have the flamingo variety, which is very pretty and pink.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 04:14 PM

yes its lovely although the pink has gone now but its sort of fairyish and delicate. well willows are strong so maybe it will last. I will put a photo of it on my profile, Thanks Janela.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 06:10 PM

May I suggest it may make a difference whether it is planted in the ground or a tub? The roots will perhaps be more like to freeze if its in a tub unless you bubble wrap the tub. Just a thought.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top