Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Season of Mellow Fruitfulness.

Going up to the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow and will be visiting our friends up there. I'm taking them a box of goodies consisting of..............a 2ft long courgette, a savoy cabbage, a load of runner beans, some potatoes, a bag of apples, a 4lt container of blackberries and a 2lt container of plums.......all home grown.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 10:42 PM

Re: Season of Mellow Fruitfulness.

Well done hope my new garden will be as fruitful next year!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Well done Alan my brother in Derbyshire does the same for me when he comes down here to stock up with fruit from the many fruit farms around here and it is very kind of him but I do wish he would pick his produce when they are small and tender.
He brings cabbages which are 16in across not ideal for someone who lives alone.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 09:42 AM

How nice Alan
We've only managed to give away bags of tomatoes this year - but it's nice to be able to do something.
I've offered next door to pick what they like but have come to realise that she does all her shopping in Iceland!
She is a Phillipino lady and doesn't know how to cook runner beans and they never eat salad!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Can you recommend a small apple tree for my garden anyone? My Dad had one which had fruit that could be used as cookers or eaters, but I don't remember the name, something like that would be ideal.
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 11:52 AM

I like Pink Lady for both cooking and eating

If you have limited room you might consider to espalier the tree onto a wire or trellis.

Alan
With gifts like that you can come and visit me anytime

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top