Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Re: Gardeners Beware!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Is that their own brand 'Verve' Barry which came out well in the 'Which' reviews? I have just used some to plant my pansies and it looks pretty good compared to the last lot which i think was Bowers and smelt horrible.
Yes Meg, I think they have renamed it Verve...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 11:41 AM

There is a lot of controversy about compost now.
Peat based or non peat based, with or without feed, summer based with grass cuttings or winter based with wood and leaf mould. There is just no consistency in bags of compost anymore.
We now read the labels and buy bags with the highest rate of peat .. we get better results.
Some of the big seed and plant sellers are saying they too use compost with the highest rate of peat they can get...the rest is not fit for purpose.
Trouble is, because we are banning peat digging in this country, it is being imported - where's the carbon footprint then? Sky high.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 04:46 PM

What about the stuff you put on the top of soil to keep them warm in winter, is that safe to use now , Sorry forgot the name, ok got it , mulch.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top