Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Switzerlands noise rules.

I've just read that Switzerland forbids the mowing of grass on Sundays or any loud DIY.
Cutting the lawn on sunday is part of our heritage, or am I wrong?
A jug of something cold waiting on the garden table, the sun blazing down, the hanky wiping the brow and the mower going up and down......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Re: Switzerlands noise rules.

It might be our heritage doesn't seem as though its Switzerlands
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I've just read that Switzerland forbids the mowing of grass on Sundays or any loud DIY.
Cutting the lawn on sunday is part of our heritage, or am I wrong?
A jug of something cold waiting on the garden table, the sun blazing down, the hanky wiping the brow and the mower going up and down......
I wonder if my neighbour is Swiss he complains if anyone mows a lawn on a sunday with the exception of himself of course
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 06:56 PM

here in our village its forbidden to make any noise at the weekends before 9.30 and after 5pm. Which i think is just good manners any way no matter what day of the week it is . I always try to cut my grass in the week as my neighbour always has her family to stay at week ends and they sit out to eat.
I do my digging at the weekends or my house work
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 09:14 PM

What a good idea. A weekend without the woman next door shrieking at their dog and their 5 kids making a racket & the man out the front with his chainsaw, sit on mower, quad bike & strimmer, the man out the back sawing up logs! oooooooo!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 09:58 PM

One neighbour of mine has a push mower and for some bizarre reason, I find the sound of the relaxing and quite summery.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:02 PM

yes i love the sound of the push mower too.. reminds me of childhood
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:04 PM

That may be what it is Baggy, my Dad had a push mower so maybe it's harking back to then, either way, it's nice
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 05:14 AM

Some years ago a neighbour of mine started mowing his lawn at 7.30am on a Sunday. A few minutes later I saw another tall, 16 stone neighbour, in his dressing gown, remonstrating with him. Needless to say, he never did it again !
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 06:46 AM

If a person is out to work during the week and it rains on Saturday, Sunday is the only day left to go grass cutting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top