Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 01:57 PM

The Gardening Year 2014

I've nothing to start it off but I got fed up waiting for you Barry
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Re: The Gardening Year 2014

Well I'll be the second one. I went and bought 3 bags of compost and 3 growbags in the week, ready to start sowing seeds and my onion sets which I always start off in a seed tray. Only about 3 weeks now to the off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 02:51 PM

I have just been for a walk around my waterlogged garden,
I note the chives and mint are coming through and the parsley doing well.

The garlic is 6'' high so off to a good start.
My winter patsies (Beaconsfield) are doing well in the back garden but not at the front.

Roll on spring
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Sorry Jan, but I've done nothing yet other than lazily dream of warmer days.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Sorry Jan, but I've done nothing yet other than lazily dream of warmer days.
Me and you both

We've had no rain today, so tomorrow we are planning on a stroll around.
Though we will avoid our soggy bottom..
Jazziwoz
Lincs, UK
Jazziwoz is female 

19-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Beautiful day here in Lincolnshire so took the time to dig the border in the front garden cleared the dead leaves and planted some dahlia freesia and aquilegia bulbs - hoping for a good show of colour this summer
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Council have dug up our bulb and chopped up our violets Will have to replace them again, don't know why they gave us all borders here if they can't leave them alone !

Just ordering sweet peas and thinking about chrysanthemums but need to work out how to water them as we only have water round the front of the building none round the back and I don't fancy walking all around the building past the dog from hell every time we need to water anything.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

22-01-2014, 05:32 PM

We took a stroll around the 'estate' today - doesn't the fresh air make you dizzy?
My Troy onions are about 6" - never grown onions before, so it is exciting to see them. The elephant garlic are enormous to be expected I suppose..ha ha
Very pleased with the plants overwintering in the greenhouse. They need some attention and two have whitefly but all in all there are lots of geraniums in flower.

I realised looking at the borders, that I didn't finish the autumn clean up (I even left my tools in the border) there will be plenty to do when it's dry and warm.
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 10:55 AM

We did some pruning last week. The Magnolia tree had become much too big. We gave it a drastic chop on one side - looks awful but I'm confident it will be ok.
The buddleias finally got a third off - for now. I didn't get around to it in the autumn.
The bottle brush also had a good tidy up and the camellia.
For a few years the garden looks fine - then suddenly it's an overgrown mess.
I'm new to here but have always liked gardening. These days it's mainly shrubs and pots. We are away in the caravan too much to keep the watering up. (hard to believe they will dry out just now)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 11:58 AM

We have the same problem with the watering Beryl as we are away in our caravan a fair bit in the summer, but luckily we have good neighbours who will do the watering as necessary and we do theirs when they are away.. we also look after each other's dogs on occasion, what price good neighbours eh...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top