Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 12:44 PM

Re: The Gardening Year 2014

Yes, we have good neighbours too but their all so very old now. I don't want to bother them.

I do it for them but we have a lot of pots now the garden beds have gone.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Went to the garden centre this morning and picked up some first early seed potatoes "Foremost", which are a smashing variety and should be ready around the middle of June given a warm spring, and also picked up some shallot sets which we use for pickling.

I have some tomato and pepper seed from last year so will start some off next week, and I was going to buy some other veg seed this morning but Mrs P has been awarded a £50 voucher from Thompson and Morgan for writing a review of some trial plants, so we are going to use that instead.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 03:51 PM

we are waterlogged here, got some potatoes to go in but they will probably rot
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2014, 04:08 PM

I won't plant them just yet Seaspirit, but I will get them started by spreading them out on tray to chit for a few weeks whilst the ground warms up a somewhat.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Ive been redoing my back garden , its been challenging at times with the wind blowing the weed suppressant material out of my hands .in fact the wind as been more of a battle than the garden ..as i get older i find i cannot lift the heavy stuff as i use to , so ive dropped a slab on my foot resulting with a bruised toe.i find i have more strength when i lose my rag , so i must have looked like a mad woman when i started heeving posts about ..hair blowing in the wind ,cursing like an irish navee.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

10-02-2014, 01:26 PM

That must have been quite a sight Eliza, can you video it next time...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 07:42 PM

will do Plantman,, almost finished the back garden , i aim to get a Clemitis Montana as soon as the ground is warm enough to cover the fencing that borders the garden .. I had thought of replacing it with new fencing , but the garden from the back is pushing through this one so there's not much point .A fast growing Montana will fill the holes in the fence and will get support from the bushes that's wrecking it ..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Sounds a very interesting project Eliza. I planted a Montana last year and it has really taken off, full of flowers last year and covers part of our fence, too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

10-02-2014, 08:56 PM

I like the Montana as well, one of the first to flower in Spring, and the one over our pergola is usually a riot of bloom.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 08:12 PM

Some years ago a neighbour planted a Montana. We loved it, because it crept along the open lattice fencing. The next people in, put up solid panels and the plant has disappeared
I got some more packets of seeds for my birthday, from the grandchildren - they are all flowers that they'd like to grow .
I hope I can find enough trays (I do save polystyrene ones, so I should have enough to go round)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top