Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Want to buy a pre-fab?

"A pre-fabricated property dubbed a "shed" in south-east London has been auctioned off for just under £1m.

The 1950s bungalow situated on 0.6 acres of land in Peckham contains three rooms, a kitchen and unfitted bathroom.

Described as "dilapidated", Southwark Council said it was "extremely pleased" it sold for £950,000.
"
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 08:47 PM

Re: Want to buy a pre-fab?

I thought these buildings were all being pulled down ? A lot of people wanted to keep their prefab,but were not allowed to do so
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 12:07 AM

There used to be around her many years ago, and I believe they were made of asbestos!!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 08:59 AM

I lived in one for 4 years back in the 70's very cosey and roomey . No complaints from me its a pity they don't reintroduce them a lot of people would be glad of them i bet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 10:34 AM

I would love one sadly not at that price though
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I lived in one for 4 years back in the 70's very cosey and roomey . No complaints from me its a pity they don't reintroduce them a lot of people would be glad of them i bet.
Must agree with the Doc.
We are a funny race us Brits,we moan about prefabs and caravan sites close to our homes.
Yet where do most spend their holidays in Chalets (prefabs) and in caravans by the seaside. Like you Doc I agree there should be more built even the odd trailer park as well to help ease the ever growing housing list's. They could even be used as starter homes for the young couples.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would love one sadly not at that price though
I actually haven't looked into this Julie but first guess I would say it was the land that had the value. Probably already got planning permission to build a block of apartments there worth millions. They would probably give you the prefab for nothing if you asked them politely.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 10:48 AM

The pre-fab had a substantial plot of about 0.6 acre. However it was sold without any permission to re-develop the site. Apparently this had been applied for and I expect that apartments will be build on it.
longfellow
Chatterbox

05-11-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
The pre-fab had a substantial plot of about 0.6 acre. However it was sold without any permission to re-develop the site. Apparently this had been applied for and I expect that apartments will be build on it.
Being a past Southwark resident for over 25yrs I dare say money as already changed hands and planning permission is just a formality GW.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire

05-11-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm quite prepared to believe that. I'm sure it happens a lot up here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top