Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:17 AM

One week on

Update for anyone interested. I completed on my house purchase a week ago today. Since then I have taken daily carloads over to the new place, and introduced Bennie to it a few times so that he finds it familiar when we actually move in. One load of furniture has already been transported there, and the rest will go when I finally move.

The house feels right (thank goodness!), although I will have to tackle the lack of storage space compared to my current abode, and I plan a small extension. And the siting of some of the electric points in the kitchen is not what I would have chosen!

New carpet for my bedroom ordered (that and the one in the study are really manky, and I decided I couldn't bear to live with a manky carpet in my bedroom), several surplus things sold but still more to get rid of. New garden shed also ordered. Giving the dishwasher in the house away to a friend, who is coming to collect it this evening.

The kitchen is more or less sorted now, albeit with boxes of things waiting to move elsewhere. Lots of books in place, which always helps me to feel at home. Looooong list of things to be done, but at least now I have moved most of the stuff I can move myself, so not too many more car loads to go. Will probably do some painting next week prior to the rest of the furniture arriving.

My sale looks on track to complete in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed.

Bennie seemed decidedly uncertain on first visit (there were cats in the house before and I'm sure he knew that!) but by the third visit was pootling around sniffing and scenting so we're nearly there.

First time on OFF for a while so trying to catch up, but it could take me a while!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:32 AM

Re: One week on

Hi Ania it sounds as though you are making good progress.
Have you looked under the study carpet, the floor might be better than a manky carpet

Dogs are very adaptable I am sure if you were there Bennie would be happy anywhere.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Hi Meg,

The floor is concrete under the carpet. But I have enough rugs to cover the manky bits in the study
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Glad it's all going well for you Ania. It's certainly a trial.
We downsized in May. The stuff you accumulate over the years is unbelievable

We are just about sorted now. Best thing we ever did, much smaller and more cosy than our last house and less work in the garden too.
I hope you settle as well as we have.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 12:18 PM

I'm glad everything seems to be going well so far Ania, I hope you and Bennie will be happy there.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 12:33 PM

I'm glad everything is going well for you Orangutan.
I moved nearly 6 years ago, a week before Christmas. I wasn't sure until the day before I moved that it would be able to go ahead, because of trouble getting the old house on to the Land Registry, but contracts were exchanged the day before, and I was able to go ahead. I'd been packed up and ready to go for weeks, and was constantly unpacking and re-packing things.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Well done Ania - best wishes to you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 03:11 PM

Well at least it all finally moving (no pun intended).
Well done you. x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 03:58 PM

I'm glad everything seems to be going well, Ania - I think you've done extremely well with all the moving of everything to your new house.

I'm sure Bennie will settle once you have finally moved...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 04:05 PM

If all goes well we may be not that far behind - viewing today, 2-bed house just where we would like to be.

Only problem is vendor has insisted the price as £239,995!!!

No way is that worth that much with average prices there between £193,000, (May!) and £189,000, (September!).

Our house - a 3-bed with mature garden, was on for £215,000 and we got offered £213,000 which we accepted.

We are half a mile from this 2-bed and it's also ex-council like ours so we are checking it out and if we think it is worth it we are offering £210,000 tops.

Not best pleased looking at this one - my wife's fallen for this one.

More later. stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top