Join for free
Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:32 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Think it a great site.

Have not put any personal details(except name) if fact I put more on this site than when I joined Facebook.

Think we are getting to paranoid.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:36 PM

My Dad is on FB too - and he is my 'friend' - I feel like some kind of teen being scrutinized. How bizarre is that for a 50 year old?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I've been anti-FB since day one, for some reason I didn't trust them and it seems I was right.

I plan to launch an alternative social networking site at some point... one you can trust
Don't be too long, Azz, the clock is ticking!
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 07:17 AM

I joined FB so I could have access to the online Scrabble game and to find friends.
I can also keep in touch with my ex Foster children, so I find it useful just as long as you don't reveal too much about yourself, but lets face it everybody and anybody has access to our info in this Big Brother state, everytime you buy online your details are spirited into someones computer.Whatever you do on your PC BB knows about it!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Already thought about that - watch this space! And bookmark this post so you can hold me to it in future

I will be waiting and watching as well, Azz
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:46 AM

I am on FB too. I had a friend request and I joined because I wanted to see photos of her puppy.

I now have lots of "friends" nearly all basenji people, many are scandinavian and I can't understand some of what is said! I don't post much only things like lovely dog or congratulations.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I am on FB too. I had a friend request and I joined because I wanted to see photos of her puppy.

I now have lots of "friends" nearly all basenji people, many are scandinavian and I can't understand some of what is said! I don't post much only things like lovely dog or congratulations.
Interesting you would start this Harvey, my family was just talking about this.

I don't think facebook is going to change that much really and my fifteen minutes that I had on it once before that I mentioned here was enough for me. I think they have lost membership and that is what sells their advertising and that certainly is what brings in the $$. I don't mean they are hurting in the least though.

Gerry that is exactly how I would do it if I were to go on again. Although many have our info and sell our information on FB you can get caught up talking on a 'wall' and because you feel it's a friend or relative say something that helps people to steal your identity if that is their game.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Come on Azz, you can do it!! We'll all pitch in a $1.00
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 12:21 AM

I am not a fan of FB (I joined because I was requested to when it first started but I couldn't understand how it worked and have never use it) . I am amazed how much personal stuff people tell me they disclose on there, I think some may regret it later.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not a fan of FB (I joined because I was requested to when it first started but I couldn't understand how it worked and have never use it) . I am amazed how much personal stuff people tell me they disclose on there, I think some may regret it later.
Oh Meg, glad to hear you say that! Same with me
, joined at the urging of a friend and never could find my way around. I was getting weird messages like people sending pinches, etc; finally managed to cancel it to my great relief!

Page 2 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top