Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

20-10-2010, 07:44 AM

Re: My garden today

Lovely CLaire. I do like the clematis especially.

Such a lot of late flowers at the moment. My delphiniums are flowering for the 2nd time this year and even managed to withstand the frost we had at the weekend.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Ah, well... that was an old post. I doesn`t look quite like that now.
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 09:31 AM

I know its an old post - but I am really chuffed with my garden at the moment. My flowers at the moment seems to have liked this dry weather ie Paeonies, poppies - they have hundreds of buds on them both, cant wait for them to flower (the rains coming now and will probably knock their heads off) oh well.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 12:16 PM

I`ve just planted up my baskets and boxes and the container plants are all shooting up. Won`t be long before we ccan post photos of luscious summer flowers now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 03:56 PM

My hanging baskets are up and already beginning to fill out ....... I love this time of the year!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Good to tell you dont live up here then, we will be lucky if we get a couple of months out of them before they finish for the season.
Annie.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 06:22 PM

I spent most of today in the garden and the bedders are finally in, pots are planted up and the mangers are full and on the wall. All that remains to go in are the sweet peas and the runner beans, which I will do tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will remain kind from now on and there will not be any frost. I'm not going to do much more this year, except weed and tidy as necessary.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Good to tell you dont live up here then, we will be lucky if we get a couple of months out of them before they finish for the season.
Annie.
Much the same here Annie, a disaster to risk putting any bedders out before May is done.

I was though trying to get a bit ahead of the game recently by sorting out a couple of pots ready for the summer flowers and discovered that a nice fat little field mouse had taken up residence in one of them. I presume its corpulence is mainly down to feasting on my peas unless it is up the duff of course.

The dog proved once again to be overfed and useless at what she is given a good home for, a special mouse police officer.
Needless to say the rodent did a runner and legged it off into a very prickly bush so I was not about to venture in there.

I am sorry if this upsets the creature lovers but I would ask you all to imagine the absolute hell I have endured whilst crawling on my hands and knees, sowing not one but two rows of the finest seed peas that Kelvedon can Wonder at. Only to see my labours come to nothing.
Of seeds, there is none, zilch, nothing, zero. In fact bugger all left.

I implore you to consider that this is no scrawny, emaciated rodent refugee of the welfare state or a student victim of the cuts in Mousery aid . Nor is he the funny song and dance mouse of Disney fame.
This is in fact a fat glossy coated little so and so that has the audacity to assume that what peas is mine is his.

The gloves are off and the veg patch is now bounded by a deep moat and an electric fence covers the perimeter. I have installed watchtowers at several vantage points each equiped with RPG's and mortars.
The trip wire has been installed and copious amounts of talcum powder have been scattered along the perimeter so we will be able to track the maruder back to his lair.

In short we are ready for Apodemus Sylvaticus. Mind you, I think I have more chance of catching him than my club has of Premier league football next year.
We will of course give him the option of relocation exile to another garden.

The latest news is that he, 'Monty', as the kids now call him, - oh yes, even they have even taken to the fiend - has started a tunnel, TO GET IN !!!

How do I know this? because my friends the evil little devil is no respector of others feelings or sacred places.

He has stolen the little lolly sticks my youngest grandaughter placed as a marker for her late goldfish. No doubt to use as shoring for the tunnel.

Now where did I put my Montgomery tactics book?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 09:54 PM

I loved the story of Monty Mouse, Hammer ...... I'll look forward to the next instalment!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2011, 12:45 AM

Stop it!!! I'm just out of surgery and it hurts like the devil to laugh ... and the story of your Monty mouse had me really laughing. If it weren't for the quarantine I'd offer to lend you Leia Cat, who is an excellent mouser...... she's soon fix the cheeky fellow!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top