Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 11:04 PM

Re: Three sons...

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You have every right to feel proud of your sons EZ, well done to all three of them .... and to you for guiding them well in their upbringing.
Thanks Mags. I have always been there for them when needed which is what parents do.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes EZ, you should be very proud of your sons, they all have done so well.
By the way, what part of their lives did your wife play?!!
Thank you Art. Joan has always been my rock and I hers. Of course she ruled us all with her quick tongue and a big stick.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It still baffles me as to how l got such old children!
My children aren't quite in their fifties but they're catching up fast!
They'll never catch up
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

10-07-2021, 05:43 PM

Since I started this thread back in June 2017 a lot has happened. Not least we have all had to learn to live with this awful pandemic and I can see no real end to it in the near future. My eldest son, the retired firefighter, was diagnosed with bowel cancer around eighteen months ago. Twelve months ago it had spread to one kidney. After more than a year of Chemotherapy it turns out that he has to have a major operation to remove a kidney and part of his colon and bowel. This means a Stoma bag will be necessary. Very few visits to him either in hospital or even in his home have been possible. He said to me this morning.."Dad, life can be a real pain in the bum sometimes!" He still hangs on to his sense of humour.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 05:48 PM

My girls are only 29 and 31 (i was a late starter) so don’t qualify for here yet.
Might still be around when they are old enough
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 06:38 PM

My Children were born in 11/1968 and 11/1969 twins.. three two boys and one girl ...I got married the year before aged 19 and one week in the September..
EZ Bad times..My Daughter has been through Cancer and hers was aggressive, must be 4 years ago..I will do this with and wipe the dates out of my mind.. she is hard work at the moment, it take people different ways and we just do what we can to support them.. My support was on the phone, literally whenever she needed to speak vent or just chatter.
I do have a lot of contact with her boy twin but and estranged from our first born for unrepairable reasons...Sending good vibes your way...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 07:04 PM

EZ, your sons must feel so fortunate to have you encouraging them all their lives. Never forget that, Dad!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 07:27 PM

Your son is right EZ life can be a real pain in the bum and so unfair..... I'm so glad he has managed to keep his sense of humour hopefully we will all be through the lockdown rules soon that at least will make seeing loved ones easier. x
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:08 PM

Ez, I am sorry to read about your son not being so well.
He has a wonderful, positive attitude that l am sure is helping him get through this.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:28 PM

EZ I am so sorry to read of your son's diagnosis. So sad to come across that post after having just read your proud and joyous post of only 4 years ago. His sense of humour will carry him through, I am sure. Sending best wishes for you all

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top