Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 08:53 AM

Re: started putting garden to bed

My hanging baskets still look good,had a really good crop of beetroot,beans onions and garlic.Leeks are looking good too.We've had a bit of rain lately, not too much and with this spell of warm weather I'm sure the grass is growing before our eyes, which means we are still mowing twice a week!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Everything seems to have dried up very early in our garden this year. The acorns are all falling and today we took down the mangers, emptied the pots and had a good tidy up. It still ooks a bit messy and like Barry's lawn our puppy has wrecked the grass and its covered in brown patches - it looks like a bombsite. OH is sulking and talking about having to re-turf the top lawn, but I'm hoping it will come back with a bit of tlc.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 06:34 PM

I cleared away the french bean plants today and picked the last of the sweetcorn, which have been less than inspiring this year with only five decent cobs from seven plants. The runner beans have pretty much finished now after a lacklustre season, but I'm not clearing them for a couple of more weeks to mature some beans for seed next year.

Good luck with the lawn Rena, at least Oscar doesn't burn the grass, just digs it up!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 03:48 PM

I grew nothing this year as we were going to move and then my partner died so I pulled out of the sale and purchase and am staying put for a couple of years. So next year I will be back in gardening mode

Also be nice to get my spa pool up and running which didnt happen this year either for the same reasons. Anyone here got one of the Lay-Z-Spa pools? They are fantastic for the money I think.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Our garden is still in full swing we don't do veg but the roses have been good and my hanging baskets and tubs are still flowering really well they are mainly petunias pansies french marigold and geraniums my lawns have really suffered though and I haven't cut them for 2 weeks and only have a few strands here and there they are really pathetic our garden is on a slight slope so don't know if this is the major cause but the front lawn is 3/4 dead so it may get ripped up and some hard landscaping may go down as I don't have the time or will to give it lots of TLC....
Sue
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Finally taken the rest of the bedraggled plants out of their pots and filled the green bin to its capacity (they are emptied this thursday) then started to take the unwanted plants (weeds)up out of the borders, I could only manage a couple of metres, once I get down on my knees, Its very hard for me to get up again, so slow but sure, and bit by bit, it will get done.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
Finally taken the rest of the bedraggled plants out of their pots and filled the green bin to its capacity (they are emptied this thursday) then started to take the unwanted plants (weeds)up out of the borders, I could only manage a couple of metres, once I get down on my knees, Its very hard for me to get up again, so slow but sure, and bit by bit, it will get done.

I know the feeling, aitch!
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:09 AM

Yes it is that time of year again. We all put the winter pansies in, expecting them to flower in the winter!
But it isnt until the spring that they get going!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
Yes it is that time of year again. We all put the winter pansies in, expecting them to flower in the winter!
But it isnt until the spring that they get going!
Sounds a bit like myself
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Everything seems to have dried up very early in our garden this year. The acorns are all falling and today we took down the mangers, emptied the pots and had a good tidy up. It still ooks a bit messy and like Barry's lawn our puppy has wrecked the grass and its covered in brown patches - it looks like a bombsite. OH is sulking and talking about having to re-turf the top lawn, but I'm hoping it will come back with a bit of tlc.
I was given this tip about the dogs burning the grass. AND I just laughed.....till I tried it. When feeding every day put a tiny spot of Tomato Sauce (about a thumb nail size) in with the feed and somehow it dilutes the dogs urine. It takes a week or two to get into the dogs system before it works properly. As I said I laughed at it....but it worked for me and my lawns are fine again.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top