Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:46 PM

Re: Peacefulness

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
SG, I wave goodbye under the table to some people who overstay their welcome. (they can’t see as they are sitting opposite me!!)

One who was extremely boring and overstayed their welcome, l did a wave plus a rude sign under the table!

I can understand that Art.
And they don't have to be there in person!!
Last night, we had just started to watch a really good film that we had both been looking foward to, when the phone rang. Of course, I tutted loudly (as you do!)
It turned out to be a former work colleague of HWMO's who had decided to choose that time to phone him for a chat for the first time since he retired. 55 minutes they were on the phone, with me sitting there giving him frosty looks after 30 minutes.
Of course, it was very nice of him to phone and he and HWMO catch up on all the office gossip, but not for me! I had prepared drinks and titbits for our film and his beer was looking extremely flat. Silly isn't it, but his colleague had unknowingly burst our peaceful time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Not on Over50's!
haha good one mags
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 01:54 PM

The toilet is a good place to get some Peacefulness.

Unless one of the Grandchildren has left it full of pieces!

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:46 PM

After years of being on alert to be sure to be a step ahead of my family and their needs, it is nice to enjoy peaceful moments at the end of the day with a glass of wine or a cup of tea.

It has been well earned, so call me selfish.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top