Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 02:00 PM

Passwords.

Hi

Do you write them down?

I have a nightmare with mine as I use Google to manage them but have no idea what my Google password is.

I used to be able to remember them all, but the medication I am now on has affected my memory.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 02:09 PM

Re: Passwords.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Do you write them down?

I have a nightmare with mine as I use Google to manage them but have no idea what my Google password is.

I used to be able to remember them all, but the medication I am now on has affected my memory.
Depending on which browser you use, you should be able to see which password is used for a particular site.

Banking sites are more secure and by and large require at least two separate passwords and a username and then send out an OTP (One Time Password) to your mobile phone. For the most part, I can remember all of those passwords, but just to be sure, I use KeePass2 secure password vault - only one password to remember then.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Do you write them down?

Google remembers mine too, most of he time. I have back up as I also have them written down.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:13 PM

I have written mine down so should anything happen to me my husband can access things.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:42 PM

I have all passwords written down, but none saved online at all.

For all the technology, I still can't believe some smart cookie isn't going to hack into those "safe havens".
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I have all passwords written down, but none saved online at all.

For all the technology, I still can't believe some smart cookie is going to hack into those "safe havens".
Ditto. My cousin's husband, a retired 25 year IT veteran, warned me about this sort of thing some time ago. Our passwords are written down on a sheet of paper we keep in a secure place.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 05:00 PM

Same here. Mine are all written down and changed from time to time.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto. My cousin's husband, a retired 25 year IT veteran, warned me about this sort of thing some time ago. Our passwords are written down on a sheet of paper we keep in a secure place.
Me too .......... or rather, us two too.

I'm not trusting any company to safely keep hold of our passwords and neither am I going to use some bit of random software to do it for us.

Just as with backing up data, all our passwords are reviewed and updated including being changed where necessary on a regular basis.
It's the work of moments to save a list somewhere that it would be extremely difficult to find, and even more difficult to decrypt and make the data readable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 05:17 PM

My passwords are in a tiny notebook, alphabetically in order and hidden in a secret place.
I keep saying, l must have a back up notebook as most passwords are tipexed and replaced with another.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 07:33 PM

Hi

Thank you all for your comments.

They just confirm what I long thought.

I am an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top