Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Re: Spring Flowers

I too still have Roses in bloom and all the Spring bulbs are well advanced with good strong shoots on display, just hope we don't get any serious frosts, what a topsy turvy situation.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Its amazing isn't it! I don't have any roses still out though. I've just had another look in the garden and the bluebells are about 5 inches high, but no sign of them flowering thank goodness.

It will be a shame when the frost comes as I'm sure it will do before too long.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 01:10 AM

I`ve got lots of snowdrops out since Christmas day .Couple of roses out yet as well .
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 07:27 PM

We had a frost last night, not a white out but you could see it on the grass. I have an Azalea with large buds on and am sure it shouldnt have, what I worry about is the plants not having a rest in Winter, they would be worn out if they start coming into bloom so soon.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 08:06 PM

My climbing hydrangea has new shoots, that are getting longer by the week. I have no daffs showing at all, just muscari. The lawn needs cutting
My rose too is still flowering but the bad winds blew all the petals off.
A white geranium, a climbing fuschia and some antirrhinums are flowering.
That's all that I can see from my window but I will have a proper mooch round tomorrow - it's going to be a weird winter and spring in the garden, if the temperature stays like it is.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Snow drops are popping up in the garden which I would expect but I have a summer flowering Gazenia plant in a planter outdoor that still has flowers on it; now that I don't expect.
We have been lucky with a mild though windy winter so far but there is a way to go yet and I can remember on a few occasions it being cold with very heavy snow at the end of January.(just thought I would cheer you up)
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 10:28 PM

I have 5 planters with winter flowering pansies in 2 have died off the others are flowering lovely don't know what has happened to the 2 that died they are just limp I don't think it is because of A) over wet B) too dry... very strange...They are all located close to each other too....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 11:23 PM

Maybe you were visited by neighbours cats!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 11:25 PM

I Noticed today there are crocus flowering in a neighbours garden and their daffodils are 6inch high , no buds on those though.

Another neighbour has a Kerria Japonica in flower like this one..

...they usually flower in April/May..
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I Noticed today there are crocus flowering in a neighbours garden and their daffodils are 6inch high , no buds on those though.

Another neighbour has a Kerria Japonica in flower like this one..

...they usually flower in April/May..
Meg, my next door neighbour has about a dozen crocus flowering in his front garden, and I actually measured my daffodils and they are 8 inch high-no buds on yet, but the way things are going don't think it will be long before they have!

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top