Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:18 AM

Re: Yes, Spring is on its way!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Lovely pictures Mags, gives us something to plan towards and enjoy.

My Snowdrops are all out and have been for a week or more now.

Camellias don't all flower at the same time though. I have a very pretty pink & white one which is for my old 'Pips' doggy I lost in 2016, and it is an early one so had big buds that started splitting a couple of weeks ago. I have thrown a fleece over it else I fear the buds will get frosted and drop off.

I have another two, beautiful bright red ones that probably won't open till as late as April.

I've bought my seed packets ready to start sowing one or two early crops shortly, and have all my spring bedding plugs on order.

I saw a perfect phrase which says . . "To plan a garden is to believe in tomorrow." And that always gives me hope.
I remember Pips lovely camellia Mups, a beautiful delicate pink...
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:36 AM

my crocus are not in bloom yet, but they are showing through the earth, in the spring there's a couple of oyster catchers have been nesting not far away every year, they can be seen sitting on the school roof, Yesterday one of them was back...sitting on the roof...great to see
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 12:57 PM

pictures like that make you feel better, thanks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I remember Pips lovely camellia Mups, a beautiful delicate pink...

Thats right Mags, you have an excellent memory.

I then bought a new cheerful, bright red one for my beautiful Izzy who I lost last February too. She was such a vibrant girl, always bright and happy, hence that colour for her.
Can't believe its a whole year ago in a few more days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 02:23 PM

I then bought a new cheerful, bright red one for my beautiful Izzy who I lost last February too. She was such a vibrant girl, always bright and happy, hence that colour for her.
I know what you mean Mups, we seem to have lost a whole year of our lives without realising it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:15 PM

I've only two crocus in flower. Mainly because the squirrels dug up all the others last year.
Some daffodils are in bud and the Ribes bush has started in bud as has one of Camellia bushes.
I must confess, I've not really noticed anything else. I don't seem to feel full of interest to wander around the garden. Whilst it's lovely and cold and dry at the moment, we've had so much rain, it's been too soggy to go out and look.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-02-2021, 03:39 PM

I do love narcissus and daffodils at this time of the year

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I do love narcissus and daffodils at this time of the year

To me, that means Spring is very close.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:07 PM

I have just sent off for this beautiful new rose. I decided to treat myself.

It is a gorgeous delicate apricot colour, perfumed, and repeat flowering. It is a David Austin rose called 'The Lady Gardener.'
I do hope it does well this year.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-02-2021, 11:12 PM

Just wanted to add, 'Izzy's Camellia' is now in flower, just perfect for what would have been her birthday in 4 days time.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top