Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Re: EU parliament refuses to set date for ratifying TCA

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I would say its very much the other way around based on recent events. Who would have thought the EU would steal other countries vaccines ? Well, with the incompetence of the ex German defence minister in charge of procurement, just about everyone.
Somehow I can't follow, you say it is the other way round. Meaning EU do not sign because they are not being trusted?

About VDL: I would love to know which master plan is behind putting *her* in that position after her mis-performance in Germany...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Astonishing, that this thread has not jet been started, but the EU refuses to set a date for ratifying TCA.

At least the "independent" reports that on its website.

No here my question for all: who is happy about the prospect of a no deal and who is not?

I personally tend to the no deal side and so I am happy.
Not sure about no deal, but would accept it rather than put up with the ignominious failure that is the EU.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Not sure about no deal, but would accept it rather than put up with the ignominious failure that is the EU.
Well, there won't be any choice as to accept any outcome.
My question was based on curiosity: who here prefers a no deal?

Oh and I forgot: I think it is a good idea to make a list of anti-EU bashes and insults and put a random quote at the very end of each post that I write.

That should pleas everyone here because so many do not end a quote without an EU insult.

So here is number one: what an utter failure the EU is!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
You would still be trading with the EU, but on wto terms only. None of wto members trades solely on wto terms, but you are going to tell me the UK will flourish on those conditions surely! Remember, both boris and farage said so, so it can't be a lie, isn't it?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:10 PM

Somehow I can't follow, you say it is the other way round. Meaning EU do not sign because they are not being trusted?

About VDL: I would love to know which master plan is behind putting *her* in that position after her mis-performance in Germany...
The TCA hasn't been ratified by the EU, it has by the UK. The EU can't be trusted they keep breaking international laws and welching on deals, including vaccines.

I know what you mean about VdL, at the time everything pointed towards Timmermans being the man for the top job. When Germany realised the Netherlands could be governing them, they didn't like it one bit (not after they had been occupying them for so long in the 2nd World War) so Merkel dragged up VdL, and asked for the vote on her instead. She wasn't even on the ballot and only won by a narrow margin - 383 in favour, 327 against and 22 abstaining. She wasn't popular in Germany and she certainly wasn't popular in the EU Parliament.

The vote ironically went roughly 52/48 but this time, the EU was reluctant to make them vote again or have a second election ...

So far, she has gone from international embarrassment to international embarrassment. If only you could get rid of her, but thats just not possible.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:10 PM

Well, there won't be any choice as to accept any outcome.
My question was based on curiosity: who here prefers a no deal?
I would. I regard it as the only way to teach the UK its proper place in the world of today.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-04-2021, 04:11 PM

The TCA hasn't been ratified, it has by the UK.

I know what you mean about VdL, at the time everything pointed towards Timmermans being the man for the top job. When Germany realised the Netherlands could be governing them, they didn't like it one bit (not after they had been occupying them for so long in the 2nd World War) so Merkel dragged up VdL, and asked for the vote on her instead. She wasn't even on the ballot and only won by a narrow margin - 383 in favour, 327 against and 22 abstaining. She wasn't popular in Germany and she certainly wasn't popular in the EU Parliament.

The vote ironically went roughly 52/48 but this time, the EU was reluctant to make them vote again or have a second election ...

So far, she has gone from international embarrassment to international embarrassment. If only you could get rid of her, but thats just not possible.

Occupation was not that long! The canadians came to liberate the netherlands, remember?
Germany

14-04-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Occupation was not that long! The canadians came to liberate the netherlands, remember?
Maybe adding a phrase to do with WW2 to the end of each post, accompanied by an anti-EU bashing phrase would be nice. (Can not refrain from cynism).

Why is WW2 so present?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
German occupation of the Europe has been an ongoing project since the 1900's, there is just different degrees of it.

Now the UK is no longer part of the EU, it's no surprise that countries such as the Netherlands are so bitter, because with the UK as a member, we would always be there to intervene if Germany tried to invade again.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 05:16 PM

German occupation of the Europe has been an ongoing project since the 1900's, there is just different degrees of it.

Now the UK is no longer part of the EU, it's no surprise that countries such as the Netherlands are so bitter, because with the UK as a member, we would always be there to intervene if Germany tried to invade again.
Not while they continue to steal our fish though Bread ??

Dnman!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top