Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Meanwhile in Denmark.

The Danish government has steamed ahead with its intention of sending Syrian refugees back to their home country in spite of objections from the European Union.
#dexit

https://foxhole.news/2021/04/14/denm...fies-brussels/
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Re: Meanwhile in Denmark.

That's almost certain to the EU trumping up some claim or other for vast sums of money for breaking the rules.

Which in turn will lead to more Danes wanting out of the EU, and they're already a pretty Eurosceptic bunch so things might just get interesting.
#dexit indeed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:45 PM

Does the article tell it concerns 94 refugees, and still 30.000 syrian refugees are accomodated in denmark? Thought not.

The move is possible due to a special, temporary status introduced in Denmark in 2015 for refugees without an individual asylum motive, e.g. fleeing war and humanitarian disaster in general. How does that fit in with your ideas of EU members not being sovereign?

The explanation for the decisions might be found in the unique construction of the legal system handling asylum cases in Denmark. Unlike other countries in Europe, it is not an independent court that has the final say in Denmark; instead, it is the Refugee Appeals Board, where one of the only three members is an employee of the Ministry of Integration.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 02:46 PM

You do know that the EU will still use this as a stick to beat Denmark with don't you Solly?
It looks like more will go too, from reports in other media sources.
So that despite your waffling, what I suggest earlier is the likely outcome: EU fines Denmark -> Danish Euroscepticism rises -> #Dexit.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:01 PM

I have not fully read the the entire article but my impression is that it is not Brexit related.
That is not problem for me personally but there is a "politics" section in this forum where the thread could fit better.

Concerning Denmarks intent I thinkt the reasons are conprehensible and the conditions were made clear to the people from Syria from the begining (if that is true).

My family helped refugees some years ago and in one case the parents did not speak a single word German after living in Germany for one year, not even "guten Tag", "ja, nein" or "danke".

On the other side I had learned some words in arabic to at least be able to greet and thank and say yes and no and stuff like that.

I expected more then so I can now understand Denmarks move.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

15-04-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
I have not fully read the the entire article but my impression is that it is not Brexit related.
That is not problem for me personally but there is a "politics" section in this forum where the thread could fit better.

Concerning Denmarks intent I thinkt the reasons are conprehensible and the conditions were made clear to the people from Syria from the begining (if that is true).

My family helped refugees some years ago and in one case the parents did not speak a single word German after living in Germany for one year, not even "guten Tag", "ja, nein" or "danke".

On the other side I had learned some words in arabic to at least be able to greet and thank and say yes and no and stuff like that.

I expected more then so I can now understand Denmarks move.
I'd have to agree that it might not directly be Brexit-related but nowadays it appears like that apllies equally to a majority of posts in this part of the forum.

If however it does indeed turn out to be another nudge towards provoking Danes into their own EU referendum ..........

How very EU it is of you though trying to dictate to others what they can and cannot do.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You do know that the EU will still use this as a stick to beat Denmark with don't you Solly?
It looks like more will go too, from reports in other media sources.
So that despite your waffling, what I suggest earlier is the likely outcome: EU fines Denmark -> Danish Euroscepticism rises -> #Dexit.
Of course the EU will fine denmark. If they violate a EU rule. Please point me to it? I bet you cannot! Bye.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

15-04-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Of course the EU will fine denmark. If they violate a EU rule. Please point me to it? I bet you cannot! Bye.
Since when have the EU needed an existing rule to fine somebody?
You and I both know that if they do not already have one they will make a new one just for that purpose.

Ta-ta Solly.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Since when have the EU needed an existing rule to fine somebody?
You and I both know that if they do not already have one they will make a new one just for that purpose.

Ta-ta Solly.
Or they just refuse to sign a deal, making the UK bend their knee.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

15-04-2021, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Or they just refuse to sign a deal, making the UK bend their knee.
You're completely out-of touch.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...al-2021-04-15/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top