Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 01:27 PM

Re: Meanwhile in France, Frexit Gathers Pace

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Right up until the moment that the discomfort outweighs supposed benefits.
The disastrous EU vaccine plan and consequent high death rate might well force a few referenda sooner than you think.
Is that the conclusion from a survey, or only your highly regarded (by yourself) opinion?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will not be dismembered anytime soon.

If Countries do leave they will not do so on the same terms as we did.

They will have a Norway, still Customs Union and Single Market.

That makes economic sense and minimal disruption.
Come on Swimmy!
It took almost five years from the day we voted to get us out & it ain't completely sorted yet, so I think everybody knows that the EU's "dismemberment" ain't gonna be an overnight thing exactly.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
EU is undemocratic, a referendum for all menbers states would make it clear once and for all that people are fed up with it.
I know that this is not common practice in this forum but would you kindly provide some evidence for your assertion that the EU is undemocratic?
Thank you in advance.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Is that the conclusion from a survey, or only your highly regarded (by yourself) opinion?
You are not *really* asking *him* that question are you?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Of course not! He is so full of it, he bubbles over.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Even WIKI has a page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democr...European_Union

But ask yourself this 7779311: if you do not like (just for example) Von der Leyen how can you or your friends do anything about it, and could you vote her out?
Can you vote out any EU Commissioner?

Have a read of the following and let us know what of the content you can reasonably disagree with and why?
No shooting of delivery people please.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/05/europ...antidemocratic
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:43 PM

I know that this is not common practice in this forum but would you kindly provide some evidence for your assertion that the EU is undemocratic?
Thank you in advance.
Undemocratic in that, firstly, the Commission are appointed not elected and the people have no say. Secondly, the EU Parliament is mostly pro EU (thanks to the gravy train of fancy cars, expenses, cheap goods and fancy hotels) and whatever they vote for can be over ruled by the Commission anyway if its not what they want.

the EU Commission is also single party politics. There is no opposition and no chance for the member states to vote out anyone from the commission.

Look at how Ursula Von Der Leyen got the job - she wasn't even on the ballot, and Junker was the only person that could be voted for by the commission as the leader.

There is no democracy in the EU. The Parliament is a shop front to make it look that way, in reality it serves no purpose when there wishes (from the countries) mean nothing if the unelected commission decide otherwise.
Germany

19-04-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Undemocratic in that, firstly, the Commission are appointed not elected and the people have no say. Secondly, the EU Parliament is mostly pro EU (thanks to the gravy train of fancy cars, expenses, cheap goods and fancy hotels) and whatever they vote for can be over ruled by the Commission anyway if its not what they want.

the EU Commission is also single party politics. There is no opposition and no chance for the member states to vote out anyone from the commission.

Look at how Ursula Von Der Leyen got the job - she wasn't even on the ballot, and Junker was the only person that could be voted for by the commission as the leader.

There is no democracy in the EU. The Parliament is a shop front to make it look that way, in reality it serves no purpose when there wishes (from the countries) mean nothing if the unelected commission decide otherwise.
Although I did not as you, thank you for the long answer. I was interested what Cinderella would answer.

Nearly nothing of which you wrote is true. If you had the interest and would take the effort of researching that, you could know.
However, let us not dispute that. Why not? I don't want to be impolite but I have never seen any post where you agreed to something, especially not with a foreigner.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-04-2021, 02:54 PM

Although I did not as you, thank you for the long answer. I was interested what Cinderella would answer.

Nearly nothing of which you wrote is true. If you had the interest and would take the effort of researching that, you could know.
However, let us not dispute that. Why not? I don't want to be impolite but I have never seen any post where you agreed to something, especially not with a foreigner.
I know that I'm not Cinderella (the shoe wouldn't fit for a start) but I can't help but notice that you haven't answered my reply.
I'm waiting for your reasonable, measured response.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-04-2021, 03:00 PM

You do realise that I said "might" in the post Solly is referring to, don't you?
Which in fairness makes the question completely irrelevant because that one proviso renders the post a matter of conjecture.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top