Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Re: Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women

Originally Posted by Mups ->
? Who is your post to Bigfella?
Well obviously Mups its to the guy that firstly opened the thread in the Sports section.

Yes I suppose in Scotland and Wales it may well be a sport bashing women, after all they are quite capable of giving back what they receive.

But we Brit's and of course most of our Irish forefathers are quite used to our women folk being rather pretty and petite.

The gents among us Brits/Irish don't bash em we just love them.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well obviously Mups its to the guy that firstly opened the thread in the Sports section.
Giggs was the Winner 2009 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award. The 20-year veteran of Manchester United had made his 800th appearance, scored his 150th goal and helped the club reach the Champions League final. AFAIK, he is (or was) the Wales team manager and is co-owner of Salford City FC.

A chef or gardener he ain't .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:29 PM

More details of the charges:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56911812

Court documents indicate he is accused of engaging in controlling or coercive behaviour, which includes "repeatedly or continuously engaged in behaviour which was controlling or coercive, namely, used violence, isolation, belittling, humiliation, harassment, degradation and abuse".

Andrea Griffiths, for the prosecution, told the court Mr Giggs had subjected Kate Greville to a "deliberate head butt" on 1 November 2020 and this had been "aggravated by domestic background" and being "in drink".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Giggs was the Winner 2009 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award. The 20-year veteran of Manchester United had made his 800th appearance, scored his 150th goal and helped the club reach the Champions League final. AFAIK, he is (or was) the Wales team manager and is co-owner of Salford City FC.

A chef or gardener he ain't .....

What's all that got to do with the price of fish, Omah?

Does that give him the right to abuse women (if it's true of course), just because he has won some awards and can kick a ball?

People like Epstein thought they were infallible too.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:53 AM

Here we go throwing the racist card on the table. tut tut tut.

Omah I think you got the wrong end of the stick.

All we are saying is yes this is worthy of a thread but in the right section please.
Sport is about Sport not about women bashing.

This thread belongs in General Chat and it surprised me that the mods allowed it to continue in this section.

Anyways I never liked Giggsy don't ask my why just instant dislike when we met at some christening or other. But this woman beating does not surprise me at all.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 11:15 AM

Giggs sounds like a very unpleasant piece of scum, I hope he is sent down if he is guilty as charged.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-04-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Giggs sounds like a very unpleasant piece of scum, I hope he is sent down if he is guilty as charged.
I think that's unlikely but his "record" will certainly be sullied.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:35 PM

Who said that .....

I didn't .....

I started the thread, pointed out famous footballer Giggs' previous history of infidelity, included a photo of the damage he did to Kate Greville and latterly details of the charges.

In fact, yourself and another have contributed no information but seem to have got "the wrong end of the stick" and misinterpreted my posts for your own ends.

In fact, another's post is decidedly racist.

Omah, I was replying to your post no. 12, where you stated a long list of this man's accolades and achievements.

What I meant was . . " So what"?

It was not his career in question as far as I understood, so what's the glowing reference for?

I didn't mean to offend, so keep your hair on. I just didn't understand what his achievments had to do with how he treats (allegedly) women.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-04-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Yes I suppose in Scotland and Wales it may well be a sport bashing women, after all they are quite capable of giving back what they receive.

But we Brit's and of course most of our Irish forefathers are quite used to our women folk being rather pretty and petite.

The gents among us Brits/Irish don't bash em we just love them.

Sorry LF, it's just there was no hi-lighted quote or anything, and it followed on after Swimmy's post, so I wasn't sure who you were addressing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Who says it's an accolade and a glowing reference .....

I included a very brief summary of Giggs career in case some ignoramus didn't know who Giggs was .....

Don't get your knickers in a twist .....

We'd best leave it at that then.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top