Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:53 PM

Re: No till

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Yes, mostly the elderly and those with little money who don't do online banking. It's a process though which is not happening over night.
Its still happening though....slow or not, there will be a time when you get the "accepted way of behaviour" and the "unaccepted way", so it creates tension and resentment. I don't know what the answer is - I daresay it isn't economically viable to have the two options running alongside each other.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I don't know what the answer is - I daresay it isn't economically viable to have the two options running alongside each other.
The main arguments are that Germany is hopelessly behind in IT services which has to change and that "people" want it that way.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:59 PM

My main worry is hat there will be many mistakes made. Technology goes wrong the whole time. I can imagine getting billed for someone else's shopping. Imagine if it was Dawn French?
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My main worry is hat there will be many mistakes made. Technology goes wrong the whole time. I can imagine getting billed for someone else's shopping. Imagine if it was Dawn French?
Until now everything that went wrong has been fixed by banks and institutions which might probably change if everyone got hooked.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Tesco will have effectively lost me as a customer as I flatly refuse to own a smartphone. I have been 100% content with my little Nokia 130 and I have absolutely no intension of replacing it.
So do I. I am quite happy with my old, clam-shell, PAYG 3G mobile that only comes out when we go any long distance in the car or I go fishing for the day. (Even then it needs charging before we leave home )

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Until now everything that went wrong has been fixed by banks and institutions which might probably change if everyone got hooked.
I dread to think what would happen if the technology went down like it frequently does with the banks on-line systems and with ATMs.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

I dread to think what would happen if the technology went down like it frequently does with the banks on-line systems and with ATMs.
Same here
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What has DF done to offend you LD? She would be welcome at my dining table any time she was in my location
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:37 PM

It isn't just the elderly who are being left behind - some shops are as well! I went into a bakery in Dawlish today to buy something for lunch, a couple of sausage rolls and a couple of cakes, which I went to pay for with my smart watch. Er no, not only was the shop not geared up for contactless payments, you couldn't even pay by card. Cash only! Well I don't ever carry cash these days, so I had to go elsewhere.

I'm surprised that 'cash only' businesses still exist in this day and age, especially during a pandemic when so many places actually refuse cash for fear of handling it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-06-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
It isn't just the elderly who are being left behind - some shops are as well! I went into a bakery in Dawlish today to buy something for lunch, a couple of sausage rolls and a couple of cakes, which I went to pay for with my smart watch. Er no, not only was the shop not geared up for contactless payments, you couldn't even pay by card. Cash only! Well I don't ever carry cash these days, so I had to go elsewhere.

I'm surprised that 'cash only' businesses still exist in this day and age, especially during a pandemic when so many places actually refuse cash for fear of handling it.
Ahhh Dawlish, love that place! Sorry you had to go without though, Sheba.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 07:02 PM

I refuse to have a smart phone...

...those who insist on it will lose my custom...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top