Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 09:57 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Good morning everyone, how miserable for the longest day, haven't had the benefit of the lighter evenings yet!

Have a good day, take care and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:01 AM

Morning all, heavy rain all day today - you'd think the weather would have a bit more respect for the summer solstice

Just got back from Tesco. Didn't do a big shop, just a few odds and ends, but I wanted to get a particular birthday cake for my granddaughter's 6th birthday tomorrow - a Pokemon design, because she is suddenly obsessed with all things Pokemon (something to do with her boyfriend at school, no doubt ). Pleased to say I managed to get one, and a matching birthday card!

Got a dress to make for her today, which I will wrap up as one of her birthday presents. I'm not wrapping her main present, though, cos it's a bike - could be a bit tricky! It'll just have sparkly ribbon and rosettes on it.

So that's my day sorted. Have a good Monday whatever your plans
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
The swelling round my eye has now subsided and I was able to see my eye for the first time. I had a big shock as it looks absolutely revolting and I can't see anything with it. Have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday so will have to wait and see what he says. Still have the dressing of course.
I'm pleased to hear the swelling's gone down Ulla - all the best for your appointment on Thursday x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:25 AM

Good morning busy people brr its chilly and I have had too look out a jumper ..
I trimmed Chloe yesterday ready to go on holiday so that is good job done but poor timing. I hope it warms up soon.

I must get on and do some cleaning and not sit here all day chatting
Enjoy your day
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
A sausage, I thought it was Polish but apparently not:

"In the late 1940s and the 1950s post-war immigrants from Croatia and Slovenia introduced kranjska klobasa into Australia, where it became known as Kransky. Cheese Kransky is very popular in Australia and in New Zealand." (Wikipedia)

I love 'em, you can just eat them as is or on pizza or in a sandwich. Every deli or supermarket sells them
Sounds tasty will see if I can find some to try. Thank you.:-
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:12 AM

Good morning all damp and chilly today.

Feeling slightly drained this morning as I didn’t get to sleep until turned 4.00am.

Enjoy your day….
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
17 degrees and two jumpers? Do you Aussies freeze to death when the temperature drops below 20?
I suppose it depends where you live but personally I hate it when it gets below 20' or near single figures at night.

The last time I was in the UK was in a May/June, when I arrived my brother was taking the dog out for a walk, he was dressed in shirt sleeves so I wore a jacket just in case, after 5 minutes I had to go home I was so cold.

I don't know if it was typical but was fortunate that I bought my Aussie winter clothes because I found them barely adequate for that English summer.

25' to 32' are my ideal daytime temperatures. Also take into account we have much lower humidity than Europe.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top