Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:08 AM

Re: How would you feel if....

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Never happened to me, but it did to my Mum & she was a bit of a snob. She & Dad went to a 'posh do'. Mum had spent ages finding the right dress only to see another woman wearing the very same dress. Mum was horrified but the other woman walked right up to her & said.'I see we both have excellent taste in clothing'. It didn't help, Mum was gutted.
Me, I thought it hilarious, Mum was not amused.
This sense of horror seems to be particularly prevelant at weddings, especially if two people have bought the same hat!!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:20 AM

Only when i was in the school football (AFL) team.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:25 PM

I think if ,as others have said, if you were at a wedding or some special occasion, but if it was just a top or trousers from a high street shop it wouldn't bother me
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:31 PM

I once went to a night club wearing a long emerald green dress with straps that crossed over at the back.

As we were being shown to our table I passed a woman wearing exactly the same dress.

We both took stock of one another for a second then simultaneously said 'Snap' & laughed.

It didn't really bother me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
On holiday last week a lot of the women middle aged and onwards were wearaing the same as me with a slight variation in pattern..Jeans and Joules sweatshirts .
I had a £20 off voucher from Joules and was able to get two lovely stripy tops at a reduced price
Joules has some nice things - good for you Meg, to grab a bargain!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Casual/everyday type stuff - no problem at all. If I were going somewhere special it would be unlikely to happen anyway as I would make my own outfit.
Ahh making your own is the way to go, I think! I have altered a few tops and skirts to make them a little bit different, but that's the extent of it. Good for you to make a special outfit though, Tabby, well done!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Think I've mentioned recently on OFF, but have you ever noticed that you never see two people wearing the same style of shoes? Especially true with flipflops and sandals when abroad
Can't say I have, Dex - I'll keep an eye out for that! Women have a lot of choice for these kinds of footwear, mind you...!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I think if ,as others have said, if you were at a wedding or some special occasion, but if it was just a top or trousers from a high street shop it wouldn't bother me
Yeah, I reckon it would be worse at a special event, but then - as others have said, its the confidence to acknowledge that and laugh about it!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-07-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I once went to a night club wearing a long emerald green dress with straps that crossed over at the back.

As we were being shown to our table I passed a woman wearing exactly the same dress.

We both took stock of one another for a second then simultaneously said 'Snap' & laughed.

It didn't really bother me.
Your dress sounds so pretty, Carol! Not sure what I would have done in the situation....probably the same, but inside I would feel a bit awkward for a bit. Must be a social shyness thing I think.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
....you saw someone wearing the same outfit as you?
What, black joggers, white T shirt and jeans or shorts? I wouldn't mind in the slightest. we fashion icons believe that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top