Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Is it really funny???

http://now.msn.com/dinosaur-puppet-c...-video#tscptmf

I'm trying to figure out why people think it's funny to scare the shit out of others. Well, perhaps you could call it evolution.

On the other hand, maybe it was staged by a few funny buggers.

What ever.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Re: Is it really funny???

A lot of humour seems to contain cruelty these days I can't find the funny in it either. Different sense of humour I think. One member here thinks I have no sense of humour, just because I don't share his. Odd to get to our ages and not realise people laugh at different things I think.

But the humour in this passes me by, would make my nephew snort with laughter though I am sure LOL
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Well, I must admit, I think it's semi funny, but I am a little worried that someone with a bad ticker might just drop dead on the spot confronted with a cruel joke as this.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:20 AM

I saw it wasn't real straight away, 'cos the fellow inside it hadn't taken sufficient care to disguise his jeans. Had I been there, that fellow would now be walking with a severe limp, because he'd be wearing my walking stick stuck inside his orifice.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-08-2013, 11:23 AM

There you go. Trust your uncle to see through it right away.

Uhhhmmm...what would your walking stick do in his office?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:24 AM

Now I know UJ is joking but that isn't funny either.

Much prefer things like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8AggJ3_Xf0
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Omg, that would have scared the you know what out off the little fella.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Love those Julie - especially "Torn" - VERY funny.

Not too sure about scaring folk either. That one is definitely staged, very bad actor. As Mr P says, not good for someone with a dodgy ticker.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Scaring folks has been going on since men started drawing fierce animal faces on the cave walls to scare off intruders, it's big business now in the film world with horror festivals pulling in larger crowds every year.
People love to be frightened in all sorts of ways, look at all the new rides they come up with in the fun parks, each one scarier than the last one, all demanded by a delighted public.
One the bigger scene, governments could not survive without scaring us, if you do that you'll go to prison, if you don't do that you'll go to prison. If you ask me the whole world is controlled by scaring people, how else could you get billions to toe the line?.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

29-08-2013, 12:30 PM

You are right in what you're saying, jem. But scaring people to death by frightening them with monsters is slightly different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top