Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:30 PM

Now Nivea Are In Trouble for Misleading Ad

It seems that the remarkably youthful 60+ model pictured in the ad for the product can thank heavy airbrushing rather than Nivea's cream for her fresh-faced complexion, with critics complaining that she looks a full two decades younger than her 62 years.

The model is Cindy Joseph, who began her career in front of the cameras at age 49 and has always flown the flag for ageing gracefully.

Her face on the advertisement for the 'Multi-Active' day cream shows just a few lines around the eyes and only the slightest hint of frown lines on the forehead.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) investigated the ad after complaints and concluded: "We considered that the image of the older model, who was in the centre of the shot, had undergone extensive retouching resulting in substantial changes to the model’s appearance.

"Lines and wrinkles on her face, particularly around the eye and mouth area, had been dramatically reduced, and several age spots had been removed."

The product is designed to 'reduce all major signs of mature skin ageing', including visibly reducing wrinkles, improving firmness and helping prevent age spots. But turning the clock back 20 years is surely a feat beyond any cream.

Is it about time that the advertising industry was prevented from using airbrushing techniques in their ads?

Mind you, if you look on the link (further down) and see the difference a bit of airbrushing did to Jessica Alba's waistline, I wouldn't mind a bit of that

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/nivea-...084502729.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Re: Now Nivea Are In Trouble for Misleading Ad

All advertising should be without airbrushing and computer manipulating IMO.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Bloomin right Kal - at last you get a mature woman doing the ad, instead of a teenager and what happens, the picture is nothing like her. Even if it were a TV commercial the lighting would erase the wrinkles too !
Also - if you've noticed at the bottom of the ad, in small print - it says 'may not prevent wrinkles or help with existing ones'
For mascara - it says - 'false eyelashes used in this photo'......
For hair products ' the model is wearing hair extensions ' ......
What a load of 'baloney' .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:46 PM

It is all very misleading and I'm not sure other companies would be allowed to get away with it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:50 PM

Shouldn't there be a link in this thread to see the advert or piccy or something?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Shouldn't there be a link in this thread to see the advert or piccy or something?
oooops

link now added
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
It is all very misleading and I'm not sure other companies would be allowed to get away with it.
Its amazing what big companies can get away with - money talks ......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2013, 01:58 PM

Nice looking bird.

Doh, nothing constructive, or sensible, coming out of me today.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Nice looking bird.

Doh, nothing constructive coming out of me today.
Are women called birds because of the worms they keep hooking up with

(I reckon if you're a bit addled, today's the day to make my comments m)
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-08-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Are women called birds because of the worms they keep hooking up with

(I reckon if you're a bit addled, today's the day to make my comments )
No idea and no-doubt - kick a man when he is down .

Ooo smilies hurt my eyes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top