Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 12:30 AM

Medical appointments

Sitting for hours in waiting rooms at hospitals drives me nuts.
Many a time I have asked other people waiting what time their appointment was for and they say, for example, 10am, which was the same as mine. Then someone else says theirs is too, and then another one and so on. I can understand to a point, that they might make a couple of appointments at the same time incase one doesn't turn up, but why do they have to go mad and book in a bus load at the same time?
In our local hospital they have a white board up telling us which doctors are working that day, and at the bottom of the board there is a section to fill in saying roughly how late they are running that day. Good idea in theory, but they never, ever, fill anything in! So I sit there with Mother, waiting and waiting, and it really bugs me that no one has the courtesy to either apologise, or explain that they are running very late. It doesn't seem to enter their heads that sometimes people might have to be somewhere else afterwards as well, , and can't always spare the time to wait for hours.
(Should this be on the Grumpy pages)?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 07:13 AM

Re: Medical appointments

Yes why not. I know what you mean as I have done quite a lot of waiting at hospitals lately with others. I also had the misfortune to go to a annexe of the hospital this week. Not bad only 3 minutes after my appointment time I got in. So chuffed with that. Then after the consultation I was told I would have to get my first prescription from the main hospital as they didn't dispense from this annexe of the hospital.
I got a bus and went to the Pharmacy at the big hospital. I had to wait nearly 2 hours for my order. Did complain though as was told they didn't have what I wanted in stock so had to send somewhere else for them, hence the wait.
So must admit with being a companion for others and doing my own thing I also have spent what seems like half my life sitting in waiting rooms at hospitals. I take my MP3 player and keep myself alive listening to my music otherwise I too would be crawling up the walls.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 07:24 AM

I find that taking a good book helps, because as soon as you open it your name is called.

I have heard some people complaining because they are afraid that if they have a long wait, they will miss the bus home; buses are not frequent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 07:40 AM

I can't tolerate waiting for any reason, on Wednesday I telephoned through an order for a takeaway at 6.15pm, I was told to collect at 6.45pm which I did, I left the shop at 7.05pm, I was seething, my problem, other customers seemed content to sit there all evening.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:32 AM

Have no patience - made meself larf there ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Have MRI scan on 9th September at 18.30 - will see just how long I have to wait.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:38 AM

I have been given 2 appointments on my birthday, and one of them is 5-30 pm and it is a 6 hour starvation one, the other they made for me was 10 - 30am, I told them to change that to later and they have, at 3 - 30 pm at long last common sense has prevailed.
They could easily have been in two different hospitals, 15 miles apart.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:44 AM

This is what the kindle was designed for, since I got mine I actually enjoy the wait and get lost in a good book.

Although previously it used to annoy me I always thought if I could be on time then why couldn't they !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Have MRI scan on 9th September at 18.30 - will see just how long I have to wait.
Shouldn't have long to wait Joe - usually prompt service there ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 07:24 PM

I must say that our hospitals in Bristol & Bath are not at all bad for waiting times for outpatients. A&E (only know Bath)is a different story, you can be left alone for hours!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top