Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:08 PM

How many hours per day...

...do you spend on the computer?

Some of the "regulars" on here seem to be on here whenever I log on, no matter what time of day it is. I know I can waste a lot of time on the computer doing searches and such, but just wonder how long you all spend on your computers each day. I probably spend maximum an hour per day(unless I'm doing some research), and, if anything, that seems to be getting less and less now that I've retired.

So how much time do you spend on here, and is there anything that influences that figure?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Re: How many hours per day...

On and off from about 8am until 4.30pmish, and back on again if I need when I get home at 9pmish. I help with a small dog rescue we do a lot of rehoming and raising money on the internet, so I am often posting here and working at the same time.

Have 3 tabs open at the moment one watching how an auction is doing (we are selling some art someone donated), one waiting for a post to appear from someone I am talking to about taking on her elderly Chihuahua as she can no longer cope and this one answering your post.

Watching BB on the TV too so think that qualifies as multi tasking LOL
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Good question, between 7.00am and 10.00pm about 10 minuets, after 10.00pm the laptop is on as a backdrop to the television, being self employed, how busy I am can effect the daytime participation level.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Do you mean on this forum, Ania, or on a computer in general?

I pop in every now and again during the early evening but rarely post; then I come on again around this time and have a good look around to see what's been going on as I'm nosy like that.

However, I do use a computer at work and I'm on that for the three hours I'm there.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:23 PM

I have no idea . More than an hour but less than twenty four hours. I doubt if anyone is likely to own up to their time commitment on this guilty pleasure.
Ten years ago we spent very little time on the net, but as an increase in income most times leads to an increase in expenditure, so does the amount of time available leads to an increase in time spent in here.
In 2013 being unable or unwilling to join in with this fast changing internet led lifestyle of hours is putting non users at an increasing disadvantage, in both convenience & cost savings.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:25 PM

On my days off work, I'm on and off most of the day.
When in work I might just log on before I go out and then again in the afternoon. on and off until bedtime. I think I'm addicted. That's the problem with a laptop because you can sit with it on your lap AND watch telly at the same time.

Oh and sometimes, if I wake up early and cannot sleep, I log on with my mobile and might add a few posts on the quiz board.
Very sad, I know.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:42 PM

My work is to do with computers so I am on them all day. Thing is it can appear the 'regulars' are on the forum all day but in some cases they are just logged in and haven't bothered to log out again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
My work is to do with computers so I am on them all day. Thing is it can appear the 'regulars' are on the forum all day but in some cases they are just logged in and haven't bothered to log out again.
No, it's not that. It's the frequent posters that I notice.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2013, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I never log out, but I wouldn't be seen as being online all day/night. Once you click off the forum, it can take anything up to an hour for your name to "time-out" from who's online. However, if you log out, your name disappears from the online list within a few moments.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
...do you spend on the computer?

So how much time do you spend on here, and is there anything that influences that figure?
On this web site probably 20 minutes at the most but on my computer about an hour a day normally though more if I am doing work for my club. However I rarely watch TV 'live' so I guess it replaces my TV viewing.

It is hard to judge really because I turn on my computer when I get up in the morning and turn it off when I go to bed so it is always available (otherwise what is the point of having broadband?). If I hear something interesting on the wireless which is likewise on most of the day I might go on line to look it up.

The other complication is the fact that naturally my mobile phone has the internet too and I have no idea how often I use it on that. It might be just to look up the bus or train timetable, find the nearest ATM or get directions so it would only be for a few minutes a day I suppose.

Internet and computers have become an integral part of everyday life haven't they?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top