Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 10:50 AM

'Working Class'

Hope you got to see the brilliant docu of Paul Grady and his look back at the working class.
Great to see the old clips and even tho' they worked bloomin' hard, it was the friendships they formed that kept them going, afterall they were all in the same boat.
Hats off to them all, was very proud of the lot of 'em and they 'did' make Britain - Great .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Re: 'Working Class'

I watched it Pat and found it fascinating. When I was a teenager living with my parents I knew everyone's name on our street. Here I know about a half dozen names. Some of my neighbours don't even answer when you say "good morning".
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Hope it shows on BBC iPlayer - should do. No TV license can have it's drawbacks .

Oh just looked - yup tis on there .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:07 PM

I did watch it but it wasn't any sort of working class I remember. We didn't have the big industries here I guess so my experiences are a bit different. Also although we were working class my gran would never admit it, her superior attitude got us through many a tough time her shear determination to have standards others around us didn't and refusal to be "common" like her next doors LOL
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:33 PM

That is funny .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I watched it Pat and found it fascinating. When I was a teenager living with my parents I knew everyone's name on our street. Here I know about a half dozen names. Some of my neighbours don't even answer when you say "good morning".
Same for me, knew everyone ... a neighbour wanted to take me on holiday with them - I was around 5 or 6, we had a great time .....
Miss those days and the characters ....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 06:43 PM

So do I PatsCGm and my grannie was like yours, she was beside herself in the war when you either had lodgers or worked municians, her legs swelled so she was taken off and we had 3 lodgers instead.She didnt have time for the common women either.... oh I do miss my grannie.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-08-2013, 06:45 PM

I miss my gran more than anyone else ...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 06:50 PM

Yes I do, she used to wear a Turban and when we were on our own in the day she would stick things around the edge and sing Aye aye ayeaye aye I like you very much, a Carmen miranda song, and we used to sing to each other instead of talking like they do in Opera.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Yes I do, she used to wear a Turban and when we were on our own in the day she would stick things around the edge and sing Aye aye ayeaye aye I like you very much, a Carmen miranda song, and we used to sing to each other instead of talking like they do in Opera.

Thats amazing, you saying that, everytime I stick me turban on - me Hubs has to put up with me singing that one !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top