Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Re: 'Working Class'

Quite enjoyed the program and Paul does seem a genuine caring person. Interesting to see the changes in fashion and attitudes rather than the working class ideals for me. Those tower blocks were gruesome though; thank god they were obliterated and terrace houses put in their place. Still it wasn't so rosy as Paul remembered it for many but being part of a community made up for a lot of the shortcomings it seems. I think parts of Wales still have a strong community though less so than in the past for sure.

One man that could have easily have stolen the show for me was Ken Dodd. Now that guy is a performer and a very interesting man to boot.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:20 AM

I did not see the 2nd one - the one you saw, was it the miners - clippies and the gentry servants - ? the second docu was a little different to that ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I did not see the 2nd one - the one you saw, was it the miners - clippies and the gentry servants - ? the second docu was a little different to that ....
Wasn't aware it was the 2nd one to be honest. Just checked and the first is still available for me to view though.

As far as the 2nd one is concerned it wasn't focussing on any group of people really as it moved around a lot through the ages, with Paul visiting areas that had been altered and so on - modernised, in search of that elusive 'community spirit'.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Sounds like the second one .... I'm sure it was OK tho '
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Sounds like the second one .... I'm sure it was OK tho '
Yes, definitely the 2nd. I hadn't read the info about it.

You can watch the 1st/2nd online here.

Paul O'Grady's Working Britain
(BBC iPlayer link- safe)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Hope it shows on BBC iPlayer - should do. No TV license can have it's drawbacks .

Oh just looked - yup tis on there .
Don't get caught MKJ. I don't know if you are aware, but I don't think you are supposed to watch TV on BBC- I Player if you have no TV licence - there is a warning on the site.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Don't get caught MKJ. I don't know if you are aware, but I don't think you are supposed to watch TV on BBC- I Player if you have no TV licence - there is a warning on the site.
That refers to 'live TV' and I never watch that .

Do I need a TV licence to watch programmes on BBC iPlayer?
(BBC iPlayer link)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top