Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 12:13 PM

10,000 bc

Have any of you been watching the program me 10,000 BC?

I find it very interesting and certainly wouldn't want to be one of those volunteers. Gosh I thought the volunteers on I'm a celebrity had it bad but these suffer far more.
Rotten meat with maggots crawling all over it, freezing cold weather. Those that are staying on are a real tough bunch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 12:17 PM

Re: 10,000 bc

I saw the first episode which was interesting but we have no TV since so no chance to see any more.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 12:33 PM

Maursey, I too have been watching this programme. I anticipate it will become more interesting as the days go by. They have taken on one hell of a challenge, I certainly would not wish to be in their shoes although I am keen to follow their "trials and tribulations".
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 05:56 PM

I can understand men going in for this sort of thing but the mother and daughter really surprise me. Either they are dead keen to see how they can cope or they want to be on the Television.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 12:01 AM

Oh dear it's looking bad tonight, let's hope tomorrow is a good one for them
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 12:05 AM

How can a bunch of present day people cope, we are not equipped physically or mentally ?
I only caught a part of the first programme, surely they must be struggling by now.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 12:13 AM

10,000 BC

is simply more dumbed down TV for dumb people. It is nothing more than another stooged Reality TV programme with all of the usual set pieces and gimmicks thrown in.

Overall, even as a Reality TV show, I think it's been a complete flop. Things obviously haven't gone to plan and they appear to have really struggled to make entertaining TV out of the limited material.

There is no doubt whatsoever that as an actual experiment in survival, it was a total fail. The group had to be rescued and fed multiple times because . . . well to be blunt, they were pretty much stupid. They had almost no food, got themselves ill and failed totally to learn how to hunt and trap.

Despite all this the set pieces, seen in every Reality TV show, from X-Factor to BB to I'm A Celeb, simply made this series a joke.

Typical set pieces:

- Remove the key leader / rock figure from the group to make them struggle

- Put a stooge in place to deliberately cause arguments and splits. In this case it was JP who's role was to just lie down and do nothing, let everyone else do all the work and thereby cause rifts and angst. It mostly failed to work and the attempt was somewhat embarrassing.

The whole thing was just utterly . . . dumb and stooged.

Biggest glaring evidence is in the fishing. Early on the group made 2 conical cages to catch crayfish in the river. They were only catching a handful at a time but nevertheless they WERE catching crayfish. Common sense then would suggest that all you need do is ramp up that process. Build another 10-20 cages, really simple. Then they would have a plentiful supply of crayfish. Ah . . . but then they wouldn't struggle for food and the programme would be over instantly, so let's conveniently just not do that !! Let's just stay with 2 cages the entire series!

As I said, dumb TV for saps who will swallow the bait.

A sad reflection on the state of our nation.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
10,000 BC

is simply more dumbed down TV for dumb people. It is nothing more than another stooged Reality TV programme with all of the usual set pieces and gimmicks thrown in.

Having never watched a reality show (apart from Candid Camera 50 or so years ago) this was an interesting review.

The radio news and current affairs is enough reality for me
maursey
hertfordshire

10-03-2015, 02:33 PM

I must admit I got pretty bored with it and stopped watching after the third episode.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 03:24 PM

Two years ago a meeting of senior TV executives somewhere announced to a grateful percentage of the TV viewing public the Reality TV Programmes had had their day.

Why are they still being made? stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top