Join for free
sumac
New Member!
Kent UK
sumac is female 

01-02-2010, 02:32 PM

'Mo'

Did anyone else watch 'Mo' last night? That had me aching with tears. Gosh, what a woman. When that man came to the book signing, how poignant for her and him.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 02:36 PM

Re: 'Mo'

We watched a few minutes and have the rest on video.

Jenny knows only too well that face mask before radio therapy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 01:36 AM

I though it was very good an excellent portrayal by JW of MM.

Although I am not a supporter of the Labour government Mo was one politician for whom I had a lot of respect.

I followed the peace process in NI very closely, ( my late husband was involved with sorting out the mess over there in a number of ways ).

I was aware of the work Mo did in NI and I think it was shameful the way she was treated by the menfolk on all sides and Tony Blair in particular what a self serving little creep he was coming in at the last moment to steal the glory.

Without Mo I doubt the various factions would have got around the table in the first place so there would have been no peace process at that time. We have much to thank that lady for.

I hope when the TV awards are handed out JW will be among those receiving one.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2010, 08:20 PM

No didn't see it didn't know it was on but oh what a woman she is much admired by myself
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Very moving programme and an excellent portrayal by Julie Walters. I didn't think Blair could sink any lower in my estimation, but he has now (and I have been a labour supporter most of my life - up until Blair took charge).
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Recorded it but have just not had the time to watch it yet. Hopefully I will be able to watch at weekend..looking forward to it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 02:20 PM

I didn't watch it but very much admired Mo for her courage and commitment, if only there were more like her.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2010, 07:48 PM

I didn't think Blair could sink any lower in my estimation, but he has now (and I have been a labour ................

Churchill inherited a war-he won,,Thatcher seized her chance to fight and won Blair followed like a puppy dog-he lost.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 12:30 AM

Churchill inherited a war-he won,,Thatcher seized her chance to fight and won Blair followed like a puppy dog-he lost.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a bit unfair on puppy dogs!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top