Join for free
Page 39 of 47 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:32 PM

Re: Prince Harry

I'll get my copy from World Books for 50P
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Harry is now a private citizen, he appears obsessed with setting the record straight, what more has he to say.

Well aware that his father, brother and sister-in-law cannot comment .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I'll get my copy from World Books for 50P
You won't need to. Anything worth noticing (If there is indeed anything worth noticing) will be plastered across the media for free anyway.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:51 PM

They are expected to come to UK next year for platinum jubilee and their daughter to be christened at Windsor.

Tbh I don't think that will happen, they won't be centre of attention, and the christening will be private with no detail just a photo.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If the going gets too tough for the Duchess I believe Harry would consider renouncing the royal title.

Has thought about it, according to royal biographer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/81...tle-the-queen/
Didn’t he already do that?
He left the family
He left his obligations
He left everything yet still wants to be protected, still wants money and all the other favourable rights.
Yes he sure has changed.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
No, let's not forget his status. He's A Right Royal Twat would be better.
Is the word twat an English term? I’ve heard of the term but not often.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:09 AM

Oh yes it very vulgar but in this case so apt .
It has come to mean a very obnoxious or stupid person .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-07-2021, 02:23 AM

Thanks Muddy. I just did a Google search and indeed it’s a vulgar British term used just as you claim. Just the other day I read it used elsewhere and now this explains a lot.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Thanks Muddy. I just did a Google search and indeed it’s a vulgar British term used just as you claim. Just the other day I read it used elsewhere and now this explains a lot.
My mother used to work for the Leipzig (trade)Fair Agency in London in the 1970's and occasionally was invited to attend functions at the East German Embassy.

After going to one, her boss asked her the next day how it went. She said "Lovely, but the Ambassador is a real twat". After a bit of a shocked silence, he asked her if she knew what the word meant and where she got it from.....

Naturally my brother and I got a clip round the ear and an early supper when she got home

At that time the word was meant in its raw form (ie the "c" word( and hadn't evolved into the less harsh generic meaning that Muddy described.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-07-2021, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My mother used to work for the Leipzig (trade)Fair Agency in London in the 1970's and occasionally was invited to attend functions at the East German Embassy.

After going to one, her boss asked her the next day how it went. She said "Lovely, but the Ambassador is a real twat". After a bit of a shocked silence, he asked her if she knew what the word meant and where she got it from.....

Naturally my brother and I got a clip round the ear and an early supper when she got home

At that time the word was meant in its raw form (ie the "c" word( and hadn't evolved into the less harsh generic meaning that Muddy described.
Haha. That’s actually an adorable story. So innocent.
I’m not the least bit offended because the word has no meaning to me. It’s not a word I’m all that familiar with but when I saw you use it today it reminded me that I heard it a few days ago.
Someone told me that it was a British term but I wasn’t sure.
Now I understand what she meant when she said it.
Maybe it’s to equivalent to the ‘c___’ word. That’s truly on the crude side but another word I don’t hear often. Thank goodness.

Page 39 of 47 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top