Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:23 AM

Re: International Space Station

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Hello Han, how did stars come about?
I think the reason they twinkle is because the sun is shining off of them?
They twinkle because the light is distorted by our atmosphere. They don't need our sun because they are suns or galaxies of suns. The planets are lit by our sun but they are much brighter and they move in relation to the stars
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->

I watched the ISS go over on four or five consecutive nights last week. Easily visible, brighter than the brightest star, and you can clearly see it moving. With the naked eye, it looks just like a big star - you cannot see the solar panels or anything.
I've seen it a few times,what if one had a decent pair of binoculars will any panel's be seen then?
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I've seen it a few times,what if one had a decent pair of binoculars will any panel's be seen then?
I think you would have great difficulty keeping the ISS steady enough, as it travels at quite a speed. Perhaps with a telescope on a tripod and an attached camera, you would be lucky enough to capture it - I'm not that clever.

caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I think you would have great difficulty keeping the ISS steady enough, as it travels at quite a speed. Perhaps with a telescope on a tripod and an attached camera, you would be lucky enough to capture it - I'm not that clever.

Me neither, just didn't know if its possible.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Thanks for that link Han, I've been looking at it on and off in full screen. fascinating views.
You know the old saying that if you stare into a hole for long enough something will eventually stare back at you, well I was just thinking to myself, what would I do if a purple Alien head with six eyes covered with slimy lizard skin, peeped in front of the camera and stuck it's forked tongue out at me?, who would believe me?, remember that film with the little alien chap sitting on the wing of the plane laughing and looking in, it would be just like that film and nobody else could see it only me, then the plane crashes.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 08:48 PM

You've seen it as well, Jem...?????

There have been credible reports by pilots and astronauts that they have seen UFO's, but please remember, a UFO is just that - and Unidentified Flying Object.

If ever undeniable proof is ever offered up, then I will gladly change my opinions. I am very cynical that we are being visited by aliens from out there in the cosmos, and would more readily accept that they are time travellers from our own future.

Perhaps this should continue on a different thread. If you start one off, I'll gladly join in.
Hanfonius
North Wales

02-07-2014, 01:14 PM

The ISS has just overflown London. Wednesday 13:10hrs.
It wouldn't have been visible with the naked eye.

The ISS will not be visible for a couple of weeks yet. You need it to pass over during the night-time.

The HD cameras seem to have a fault, but somebody will be working on them.
Hanfonius
North Wales

04-07-2014, 04:38 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]

This is a shot of when the ISS was about to pass over Cornwall; viewed from the south-west.

If anybody would like to know how to freeze a shot, and convert it into a Wallpaper, just give me the nod.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
well, I was just thinking to myself, what would I do if a purple Alien head with six eyes covered with slimy lizard skin, peeped in front of the camera and stuck it's forked tongue out at me?,

I don't think Tony Blair is up there, Jem !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Maybe he was up there Silver, then sent down here to cause havoc.
I don't know how the folks in that space station don't all go nuts, the smell of the place must be shocking, sweaty bodes and no windows to open, do the have air fresheners and shower regularly?, I believe their pee is recycled. It's great to look at it from down here but I wouldn't fancy being there.
The novelty of weightlessness would soon wear off and it could get very boring if you were up there too long. I wonder are there any fights between the different nationalities, love to see one, don't suppose they'd tell us if there were.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top