Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 01:02 AM

Question for the ladies who have gone through menopause

I'm 51 and dealing with pre-menopausal symptoms (wacky periods and hot flashes, mostly) and I was wondering... do the hot flashes eventually stop at some point? I had them regularly for a while, then they stopped and now they're back.

I've heard that once you enter full menopause (after you've gone a year without a period) that the hot flashes stop, but I'd like to hear from women who have actually gone through it and what all you endured and also how things are once full menopause has been reached. Do you feel better? Worse? How was the whole process for you?

I may have already asked a similar question in the past, but that's another thing I'm dealing with - short term memory loss
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 02:32 AM

Re: Question for the ladies who have gone through menopause

Think the memory loss is vodka...but seriously I don't know. The hot flashes...I'm 53 and I sleep every night in an icebox temp bedroom, and still have dreams of fire. Maybe someone can tell us when this ends...
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Think the memory loss is vodka...but seriously I don't know. The hot flashes...I'm 53 and I sleep every night in an icebox temp bedroom, and still have dreams of fire. Maybe someone can tell us when this ends...
Vodka for you, whiskey for me, haha.

And oh yes, I perfectly understand sleeping in a room you can hang meat in. My room has to be cold. Even in winter I've got fans blowing on me full force. And sometimes I'm still tossing the covers off.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 02:47 AM

Yes, hubby and dogs will be chattering from the cold under the quilts and I'll be laying there, bra, undies and maybe a sheet. It's real, they can't understand.
Linda0818
USA

19-09-2015, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Yes, hubby and dogs will be chattering from the cold under the quilts and I'll be laying there, bra, undies and maybe a sheet. It's real, they can't understand.
I luckily have my bedroom to myself. Well, with the exception of my dog (miniature Dachshund) and one of my cats, they both have to sleep with me every night. But both of them are burrowers, they go under the covers.

And as I type this, another hot flash just hit me. I have a small fan here on my desk and I just turned it on high to aim directly at me. This is so stupid. But then I have moments where I get cold and I'll throw on one of my zip-up hoodies.

I used to love summer, but now I despise it. I can't wait for fall and winter.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 06:25 AM

I was told a year Linda - its been many years, tried all sorts of remedies.
Now I'm trying A Vogel Menosan sage drops from Amazon - take the drops (19) after lunch - this has proved the most worthwhile
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 07:20 AM

You can't go by other people Linda. Every woman is different. In my case I had an easy menopause - hot flushes for a year and then it ended.
I can honestly say I feel better now than I did before - I used to sufferer terribly from pre menstrual tension but nowadays I'm a lot more ever tempered and calm... Physically I feel fine. The only thing that's gone erratic is my sleeping pattern but I can put up with that.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 07:21 AM

I get the hot flushes now and again, well i put it down to that or over weight i'm 60
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:19 AM

If your hubby is struggling with your need for a cold room and/or bed, swap your duvet for two single ones. You can still share the bed, but he can have a 15+ tog one, while you can have a 1 or 2 tog one - or even just the cover! You're less likely to disturb him with your tossing and turning, too.

Worked for us....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:35 AM

I used to suffer terribly with PMT as most husbands do I think.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top