Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:51 PM

Re: Mind control: Scientists can now make people alter their prejudices and belief in God

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I think it's scary. I wouldn't want anyone altering my mind to make me think differently, not even in an experiment.
That's what newspapers try to do all the time !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 08:10 PM

Re: Mind control: Scientists can now make people alter their prejudices and belief in God

No need for all this elaborate stuff, love has been altering peoples minds since Adam and Eve. Whoever harnesses love as a weapon shall rule the World, yes folks Lennon was right "All you need is Love"
I knew a chap who walked in the St. Patricks Day Parade naked because the love of his life asked him to. On a night of passion he said that he would do anything for her and she asked him to join in the Parade naked the next day, he did and he was arrested and jailed for a week, these were the days before streakers and the burly coppers in Dublin took no messing about. When he was released she was the first person he went to, but instead of flinging her arms around him and hailing him as her hero, she told him she didn't want anything to do with a "Jailbird", she promptly hitched up with another chap and that was the end of his love of a lifetime. I’m sorry if I sound cruel but I always laugh when I think of him, bloody eejit.
Just look at the thread about the 65 year woman swimming out to sea after her love, no army could get a 65 year old woman or anyone else to do that.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That's what newspapers try to do all the time !
Good point, Alan. But I think for many of us the newspapers fail miserably in that quest...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 07:47 AM

Don't worry folks!
I've got a good range of anti- mind altering protective headgear, made from the finest tin foil, sculpted to your personal measurements , with optional ear flaps and complimentary goggles, just £100 plus p&p!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't worry folks!
I've got a good range of anti- mind altering protective headgear, made from the finest tin foil, sculpted to your personal measurements , with optional ear flaps and complimentary goggles, just £100 plus p&p!
Can I have two please? One for my sensible head and one for my not so sensible head.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Ok, Clumsy, I'll just scrape the foil clean and get on to your order straight away!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ok, Clumsy, I'll just scrape the foil clean and get on to your order straight away!
Scrape it clean? I hope whatever was wrapped in it didn't have a fishy smell or something equally as horrible.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

01-04-2016, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure what it was used for, my neighbours kindly leave it in bins for me to collect once a week.
It's just a bit greasy don't worry I'll sprinkle it with talc, then it will smell nice too!
For an extra £20 I'll use new foil
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Coulda foiled me !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:35 AM

It happens everyday all the time. It starts when your parents teach you about life, mostly by example, and continues through school. Your whole thought process is based upon the people you meet, the things you read and your experiences. More recently the Internet is beginning to play a major role in the way you think. Salesmen and politicians have turned it into an art because they have access to your mind through the media and the amount of advertising we are exposed to on a daily basis. You might think that it doesn't affect you, but you would be wrong. A jingle going round in your head to the constant reference and visual sight of a product makes it recognisable and it becomes the product of choice when shopping.

Everybody likes to think that they are in charge of the decisions they make, but we are all susceptible to the influences around us, even this forum will be responsible for some of the decisions you will make today, and you will not even realise it.

Are you feeling sleepy yet?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top