Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:11 AM

last post

just had last post before Christmas,,and yes its happened again,2 cards from folks I had forgot grrrrr,
it happens every year lol,,,,,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:19 AM

Re: last post

Originally Posted by doctor ->
just had last post before Christmas,,and yes its happened again,2 cards from folks I had forgot grrrrr,
it happens every year lol,,,,,
I got one of those this morning too. Mind you, I didn't forget them, I'm purposely trying to cut down on the number of cards I send. I used to love it when I was younger but now I hate being ripped off by the Post Office.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I got one of those this morning too. Mind you, I didn't forget them, I'm purposely trying to cut down on the number of cards I send. I used to love it when I was younger but now I hate being ripped off by the Post Office.
I told all my friends & family that I was not going to send cards any more! Most people know that you wish them a happy Christmas and for the people I care about but will not see, I either send an e card or I phone them.
If we only send people good wishes, just because they sent them to us, then I feel the cards have little meaning. The only people who really benefit are the people who make or sell the cards & the post office!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:49 AM

I only posted five cards this year, two with letters in to catch up with distant friends.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I only posted five cards this year, two with letters in to catch up with distant friends.
I don't mind that too much, it's more like sending a short letter to those we don't see very often.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-12-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I told all my friends & family that I was not going to send cards any more! Most people know that you wish them a happy Christmas and for the people I care about but will not see, I either send an e card or I phone them.
If we only send people good wishes, just because they sent them to us, then I feel the cards have little meaning. The only people who really benefit are the people who make or sell the cards & the post office!
I agree Twink. The cards themselves can be so expensive when you add it all up. £3 to £4 seems to be the norm now for any card with a family member mentioned on it.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:12 PM

I had cut down as well,but it soon starts to roll again when you get a card from an old friend,and i tend to send one back
lol
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree Twink. The cards themselves can be so expensive when you add it all up. £3 to £4 seems to be the norm now for any card with a family member mentioned on it.
You should go to 'The card factory' shop. They have some lovely cards for less than a pound. I got all my cards from there this year. My most expensive were daughter & son in law - £1.50.

I know there seems to be a trend against sending cards nowadays but I think they brighten the house up and Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without them.

These people who give to charity instead of sending cards - Does it really have to be one or the other?

I give to charity & send cards as well!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:31 PM

I send and receive less cards every Year now.....My card list has a lot of scored out Names
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 04:41 PM

I'm writing my cards today, 3 for family 8 for neighbours and that was it I thought till I got home last night to find a card from a young woman 20 years my junior. When I opened it found personalised card, To the One I Love.
A bit awkward as I have only ever thought of her as a sort of friend to speak to. and to make matters worse just lately I've been feeling a bit hornery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top