Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:42 PM

Re: Non EU countries

@AnnieS: if you pay the rent during several years, and than move out. Do you than demand to receive part of the rent back?

@JBR: the EU invited Britain to formulate a proposition for a deal. Negotiations are in progres, isn't it?
The UK had no unlimited acces to the common market during the EEC period. When the free trade (persons, goods and services) was introduced in Schengen, you didn't join the other Schengen-countries (i.e. you didn't want to pay the contribution), but opted for a so called cooperation with Schengen countries. You wanted, and got, the advantages of free trade but didn't want to pay for it.
The same with the introduction of the euro. The UK demanded an opt out. You still have the £.
You never were a full member, you just tagged along and profited from other nations.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Remember, only the EU is obliged to negotiate a deal. Britain could have simply said goodbye on march 2017. That same day you would have been out of the EU. There would have been some drawbacks, but no payment of £39 mln.
First of all, welcome to the forum Solasch. It's good to hear an alternative view from someone from another EU country

However, there is a paradox in your statement "only the EU is obliged to negotiate a deal". The UK is still a member of the EU until it leaves and is trying to negotiate a deal in accordance with the requirements of Article 50. It is "our" view that the other member states are not trying to negotiate anything. This brings us to one of the main complaints from a fair few members of the UK electorate in that the UK has always tried its best to abide by the rules but other member states don't.

Thus the paradox is that, even now, the only member state of the EU that is following the rules of Article 50 by trying to negotiate a deal would seem to be the very one that is trying to leave it
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 12:19 AM

you just tagged along and profited from other nations.
Good luck with that argument on here
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:05 AM

@AnnieS: if you pay the rent during several years, and than move out. Do you than demand to receive part of the rent back?

@JBR: the EU invited Britain to formulate a proposition for a deal. Negotiations are in progres, isn't it?
The UK had no unlimited acces to the common market during the EEC period. When the free trade (persons, goods and services) was introduced in Schengen, you didn't join the other Schengen-countries (i.e. you didn't want to pay the contribution), but opted for a so called cooperation with Schengen countries. You wanted, and got, the advantages of free trade but didn't want to pay for it.
The same with the introduction of the euro. The UK demanded an opt out. You still have the £.
You never were a full member, you just tagged along and profited from other nations.
Yes you would normally expect your deposit back particularly when you have been such a good tenant and paid so much in without getting as much out as some countries that paid less rent. Obviously though the other tenants don't want us to move out as they will have to manage with far less rent. I personally think we should not be moving out because we should have had far more say in how the property was managed instead. It seems the landlord keeps changing the terms of the lease without any of the members having much power to oppose it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes you would normally expect your deposit back particularly when you have been such a good tenant and paid so much in without getting as much out as some countries that paid less rent. Obviously though the other tenants don't want us to move out as they will have to manage with far less rent. I personally think we should not be moving out because we should have had far more say in how the property was managed instead. It seems the landlord keeps changing the terms of the lease without any of the members having much power to oppose it.
Hammers, nails and heads springs to mind Annie.... And that's exactly why I voted for Brexit.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:13 AM

I prefer not to be homeless OGF. Plus as Solasch has said, we had a good deal and could have continued to insist on opt outs.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I prefer not to be homeless OGF. Plus as Solasch has said, we had a good deal and could have continued to insist on opt outs.
An entirely reasonable stance. However, as you are well aware, the alternative view is that sometimes it's best to walk away which is what we appear to be doing and hope that we can work well with other landlords.

Uncertain times ahead, to be sure. We'll have to wait for the dust to settle and see if it was all worth it.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:49 AM

Does it matter? You knew these terms before you chose to leave. Or didn't your leaders tell you? Boris should know.
Thank god there is someone who seems to know what he is talking about. Welcome, welcome.
What I have never understood is why we are negotiating for things we have already got!!!!!!!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Good luck with that argument on here
You might not like it but he is spot on.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-10-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
You might not like it but he is spot on.
Personally, I have no real view on the matter. But plenty of others on here do I was wishing him luck for when they got their claws into him

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top