Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Oh Cate , you haven't had an easy time have you . I was beginning to feel a bit worried as the days passed and we had heard nothing. I was so relieved when Marian posted to say you were ok.

I am so pleased to hear you are improving I bet it feels wonderful to be home xx
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Nice to hear from you again Cate and I am pleased you are recovering and getting out a bit. It sounds as if you have been through a bit of an ordeal, but, hopefully, all that is now behind you and you will feel a bit better each day. Hoping to hear more from you soon. Best wishes - Rena
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 08:20 AM

Cate darlin' glad to hear you're on the mend!!!

A word of warning - as you begin to improve - you'll want to do things - DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!!! sit and REST for a minimum of SIX WEEKS!!!!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Good to hear you're on the mend Cate

Like Uncle Joe says.......REST UP
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Morning Cate, I think I'm only a week or 2 further on than you.I'm now at 51/2wks and yes totally bored, do a little bit more every day but if you do to much you will pay for it the next day and be totally knackered, listen to what your body tells youI'm now up to walking a mile aday, not at the pace I normally do and next week I shall increase it a little as for the hoover havnt even touched it yet,and Johns cleaned all the windows too.I now hang ut light washing but John does all the shheets etc.I can iron sitting down,and do some cooking, but I would really love to do some gardening...but sadly not yet.
Have a good weekend Cate and listen to your body

love Jeanette x x
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 12:23 PM

There you go Geordiegirl, you've only got another six weeks to go before you can get some ski-ing in
Seriously though, reading about your's and Cate's experiences may help any one of us if ever in the same position. Thanks to both of you for sharing this.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
There you go Geordiegirl, you've only got another six weeks to go before you can get some ski-ing in
Seriously though, reading about your's and Cate's experiences may help any one of if ever in the same position. Thanks to both of you for sharing this.
I agree with you there, Mary ..... they are two very brave ladies.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 12:35 PM

My mother had one many years before she died and in those days nothing much was said about it was it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
My mother had one many years before she died and in those days nothing much was said about it was it?
I think that's what makes it so frightening, Mary, those who needed the op were in the dark about it ..... and not many people can take in the doctor's diagnosis and explanation when they are feeling rough.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 12:58 PM

Well this is a check in from someone now officaly 18 months down the road from my Op TAHBSO a few isssues at the start but the biggest issue was the tiredness........and not being able to do what I wanted to do.

My answer to the gardening was to make up pots with compost before I went into hospital ready to plant up thing was I did not have the energy to do them

Honestly it does get better, really and now I feel on top of the world no HRT nothing here, the odd flush but nothing major luckily. I would reccomend taking it easy you only get the one chance to heal and mucking it up means you go backwards.

Glad you are feeling like popping on here. But it is surprising isn't it how exhausing being tired is.

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top