Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 10:21 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Best wishes for Tuesay Cate - You sound like you are very well organised and you will soon be back home and on the road to recovery.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 07:04 AM

I havn't read through all the posts but wanted to say please do not worry.
I had a hysterectomy about 14 years ago. I had my 4 year old grandaughter to look after (I have custody of her), no husband or anyone to help. I had the op and came home a few days later and the same night had to cook a meal for my little grandaughter.
From the next day I was caring for her doing our cooking, cleaning and washing. Luckily I had enough food in to last a week. I couldn't drive for about 4 weeks as the seatbelt was uncomfortable to wear so after a week I got on my bike and cycled to the supermarket to do shopping and come home weighed down on the handlebars.
It would have been nice to have someone to help a bit but I didn't and we managed and I had and never have had any ill effects from the operation, in fact I can remember on my check up and when I had my stitches out the doctors being amazed at how quickly I had recovered and how good everything was looking.
It was a case of having to and having a positive mind and not thinking I must sit around resting all of the time.
Cycling to the shops for the first 3 weeks did tire me but a 30 min rest on the sofa when I got back helped enormously.
I honestly believe looking back, being on my own helped me and if I had, had people running round after me my recovery would have been slower.
I wish you all the best for Tuesday and a speedy recovery.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 09:22 AM

Best wishes hope all goes well.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Kazz, I am so grateful for your story it is not babble and I appreciate your open honesty and generosity very much..

Treacle, Thanks for the reassurance. I must admit to being scared of the cut and the fact that I am not very good at getting around now makes me worry that I will take ages to get well again.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
I havn't read through all the posts but wanted to say please do not worry.
I had a hysterectomy about 14 years ago. I had my 4 year old grandaughter to look after (I have custody of her), no husband or anyone to help. I had the op and came home a few days later and the same night had to cook a meal for my little grandaughter.
From the next day I was caring for her doing our cooking, cleaning and washing. Luckily I had enough food in to last a week. I couldn't drive for about 4 weeks as the seatbelt was uncomfortable to wear so after a week I got on my bike and cycled to the supermarket to do shopping and come home weighed down on the handlebars.
It would have been nice to have someone to help a bit but I didn't and we managed and I had and never have had any ill effects from the operation, in fact I can remember on my check up and when I had my stitches out the doctors being amazed at how quickly I had recovered and how good everything was looking.
It was a case of having to and having a positive mind and not thinking I must sit around resting all of the time.
Cycling to the shops for the first 3 weeks did tire me but a 30 min rest on the sofa when I got back helped enormously.
I honestly believe looking back, being on my own helped me and if I had, had people running round after me my recovery would have been slower.
I wish you all the best for Tuesday and a speedy recovery.
I cannot get over your story, I mean I have been told that you can't even lift a kettle, leave alone cook a meal. I would have been scared that I would pop my stitches, they say even laughing or coughing is uncomfortable.

If they had known at the hospital that you were not going to rest I bet they would never have let you go home, but in other countries women don't get the chance to rest after childbirth and surgery and they seem to get over things really quickly. I think poitive thinking knowing that you have to get well as there is no other way must have a bearing on your recovery. Thank you for telling us your brave and in some ways sad story. I hope you are happy now.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Will be thinking of you Tuesday CC. Best wishes for a speedy recovery....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

05-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Thanks all, I am still settled but shaky settled. Putting some bits in a bag, don't really know what to take would love to fill a bag full of good books, hand lotions, and just sit in bed, read and pamper my paws.

I will probably be in hospital, they tell me for ten days as I am a large lady who will need time to heal, I am drinking loads of vitamin C and eating plenty of fruit so that my system will remain regular.......

I hope hubs is ok, he will be alright with the dog and hopefully our neighbours will see that he is alright. I hope so he has had such a lot of things to worry about that this seems so unfair for us.

Anyway before I start being maudling again. See you all soon. Love Cate and thank you for your friendship.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Hope all goes well, i'll be thinking of you Chin up & dont be worrying, you're not the one doing the surgery & those that are know what they're doing Look forward to reading your 'Im out' thread telling us it was all a doddle xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Thinking of you Cate , go ahead, fill that bag with books and hand lotion and pamper yourself a little , why not .
Those scented wipes are good too for freshening up when you can't get out and about .
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

05-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Brilliant idea I will put some in my bag. The nurse from the ward rang this morning a courtesy call to find out if I am going to turn up. She said not to worry too much about the size of the bag as some people bring in suit cases!!!!!!!
Any hoooo, I have bunged in the Oil of Olay, hand cream, wipes (both bum and face) several books that you don't have to think too hard about.

Just waiting around now as I have arranged for some cleaners to come in tomorrow and clean up a bit and do some bed stripping and laundry.

Thinking of having a curry tonight, I wonder if that is appropriate???????

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top