Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Re: Death Of Democracy

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What is worrying me at the moment is how long leavers will be content to post on the internet before it spills over onto the streets. I see and try to calm people on other sites who want to do violence if they are ignored. If democracy is allowed to die completely we really are in a dangerous place because it's all some people thought they had that stopped them rioting.
So far Julie its been very peaceful (the protests and anger from the leave camp). I hope it continues because as soon as things get violent, the battle is lost.

I'm an eternal optimist and always look on the bright side - its a much better state of mind than hate, doom and gloom.

... but then there is always Antifa. I can see them raising their ugly head soon.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A man who has nothing to gain, just the facts. Argue the toss till your blue in the face, our elected MP's do not represent the electorate.
He wrote to the ministery, and got this reassuring response.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	14.3-Howe-letter-to-concerned-citizen.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	10763  
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Mr Nigel Farage. Maidstone, Kent. 26.9.19

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 04:03 PM

Realist.
I'm, afraid the days of getting up out of my chair and doing something are long gone.
In any case I have seen enough bloodshed in my lifetime. I would rather we live in peace and continue with Jaw; Jaw. rather than War, War.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

27-09-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As soon as it becomes final that BrExit is being overturned, ignored, cancelled, then I suspect there will be absolute chaos. Whilst I am not in favour of violence, I except that a time inevitably comes when a foreign power or group seeks to take over a country and its people and at that point people have justification to fight for their rights freedoms and sovereignty.

I believe it WILL happen.

Project Fear, Brexiteer-style. Do what we say or we'll smash your place up.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Project Fear, Brexiteer-style. Do what we say or we'll smash your place up.

Project fear a familiar refrain from people who simply have a different point of view, are we being manipulated thus taking the focus off the politicians.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Realist.
I'm, afraid the days of getting up out of my chair and doing something are long gone.
In any case I have seen enough bloodshed in my lifetime. I would rather we live in peace and continue with Jaw; Jaw. rather than War, War.
Im almost in the same boat as you BB! and ldont think you
are being asked to join in any demos etc?
But myself l would like to be more useful than l am at the
moment!
But the trouble l am having is to find a brexit party office
near me to contact? I have looked on internet but all the
contacts so far appear to be individuals only and dont give
an office address or any way to make contact so have made
no progress so far? I have now decided to try to get the
dwarf berkow to allow me to give an address to the hoc from
the public gallery, and have sent e mails to him and my and
other MPs to this effect, to which bercow and one other
have acknowledged so far!
Whilst l dont expect anything to come of this it allowed me
to vent somewhat! My next job is to visit the tory office in
town to find what our remainer MPs stance is once again??
I feel we are in the hands of lunatics??
Regards Donkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Mr Nigel Farage. Maidstone, Kent. 26.9.19

Am I the only one who can see the halo?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I feel we are in the hands of lunatics??
Regards Donkeyman!
Don't worry, what you are feeling is perfectly normal.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What is worrying me at the moment is how long leavers will be content to post on the internet before it spills over onto the streets. I see and try to calm people on other sites who want to do violence if they are ignored. If democracy is allowed to die completely we really are in a dangerous place because it's all some people thought they had that stopped them rioting.
The Brexit Party have called for a massive rally/protest on 31st October, no matter what has happened. Either celebration or anger , I imagine.
Personally, I think it's wrong to encourage that, but when we have seen the Union flag flown every inch of the way, every day of the week outside Westminster, and that fog horn of a guy who never shuts up, I can understand that many, very many 'leave supporters ' have just about taken enough .
No need to worry so much about MP's getting threatening emails, if this doesn't succeed, everyone will be subjected to fear.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top