Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 08:32 PM

A no nonsense judge

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/teacher...2/-/index.html

Teacher sentenced to 90 years in prison for sexually assaulting students

A primary school teacher has been sentenced to 90 years in prison by a Murang’a court for sexually assaulting 10 students.

He will serve nine years for each assault. The sentences will run consecutively.

As John Gichia Mugi was hauled out of court to start what is effectively a life sentence, his parents wept uncontrollably in court. Mugi will be released when he is 113 years old.

Mugi, 23, indecently assaulted the 10 boys at a school in Kiharu Constituency between January and May 2015.

The boys, aged between 13 and 16, testified that Mugi fondled their private parts and kissed them after night preps. Mugi was also their boarding master.

Magistrate Jesse Masiga handed him the stiff sentence and called it a deterrence. He said every count earned a jail term of nine years.

The no-nonsense magistrate told Mugi that he had breached the trust bestowed upon him by parents and committed a heinous act on the boys he was supposed to look after.

"The prosecution has proved beyond reasonable doubt that you had sexually assaulted the boys. I sentence you to serve a 10-year prison term for each of the nine counts of sexual assault you are charged with. The sentences will run consecutively,” the magistrate said.

The assault came to light after one of the boys insisted he wanted to go home with his parents after a parents’ meeting.

Asked why he was so adamant to leave, the boy revealed what the teacher used to do to them at night. Mugi fled after the boys exposed him.

Eleven students came forward and exposed the teacher, but one was struck out by the court due to lack of sufficient evidence.

Medical records at Muriranjas Hospital showed that the students had been indecently assaulted but were not molested.

They narrated to the court how the teacher made attempts to molest them in their dormitories but they resisted.

The school headteacher was found guilty of professional misconduct and struck off the Teachers Service Commission roll after he tried to cover up the case.

Mugi told the court that the students conspired with some teachers to frame him. He claimed he was innocent.

He said his “strong Christian faith” would not allow him to engage in such shameful acts and that students also disliked his high-handedness.

Magistrate Masiga was not convinced and Mugi was hauled off into a prison truck to begin his new life behind bars.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 08:53 PM

Re: A no nonsense judge

That's why the age of consent, in the UK, is higher(18) if the person is in a position of trust.ie teacher, police officer etc.

Good on the magistrate.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 09:04 PM

Can´t help it, I had to giggle at this sentence:

quote....Mugi will be released when he is 113 years old....unquote

Kenyan prisons are not exactly the nicest places to spend time, I´ve visited one or two, on request I hasten to add, and I certainly wouldn´t want to overnight in one.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 09:10 PM

I know what you mean.

I once read an article in an Anerican newspaper and the headline was something like '345 years for murderer with a recommendation that parole applications will not be considered until a 3rd of the sentence has been completed'

We giggled for a good few minutes over that one.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-06-2016, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I know what you mean.

I once read an article in an Anerican newspaper and the headline was something like '345 years for murderer with a recommendation that parole applications will not be considered until a 3rd of the sentence has been completed'

We giggled for a good few minutes over that one.
We see that quite often here too,, sentences of 100 years or more. I have visions of lots of Rip Van Winkles sitting in corners of cells
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
We see that quite often here too,, sentences of 100 years or more. I have visions of lots of Rip Van Winkles sitting in corners of cells
After 100 years locked up I'd expect a few ripped winkles
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
After 100 years locked up I'd expect a few ripped winkles
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 11:17 PM

I wonder if the Kenyan prison system offers protection and isolation for kiddie-fiddlers.
If this bloke is thrown in with the 'general population', I suspect his term may be very much shorter.

Not that many would care, I suppose.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-06-2016, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I wonder if the Kenyan prison system offers protection and isolation for kiddie-fiddlers.
If this bloke is thrown in with the 'general population', I suspect his term may be very much shorter.

Not that many would care, I suppose.
I very much doubt anyone would care, they don´t really go for protection of any kind of criminal really, well only those with money to pay the prison guards. I can´t imagine anyone who has been in prison in Kenya would ever want to return after his sentence was completed..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2016, 12:51 AM

Is it frowned upon in Africa, as much as it is elsewhere?

I remember watching a Ross Kemp documentary on gangs and prison life where men openly bragged about rape and taking any woman, by force if needed, to satisfy their sexual needs.

It was pretty disgusting the way they treated women and young girls.

One AIDS sufferer told of the 50+ women he'd forced into sex since being diagnosed but this didn't seem to bother him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top