Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Re: Old Friends

Silver Tabby's post did remind me that about twenty years ago I met a former fiance of mine. I was the one who ended it. We chatted, and he invited me to go to his home for dinner as his wife was away. I made my excuses and left rapidly.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 09:18 AM

We have plenty of friendly acquaintances, but only three people we would regard as close friends. One of them is the girl I was friendly with at school, she was one of my bridesmaids. Sadly she is in poor health.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 09:57 AM

I've met with old friends in the past and although enjoyed catching up I felt I had nothing in common with them anymore so haven't bothered again . I think we change and grow in life and recognise this from both sides . It's nice to know that they are well and happy though .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Silver Tabby's post did remind me that about twenty years ago I met a former fiance of mine. I was the one who ended it. We chatted, and he invited me to go to his home for dinner as his wife was away. I made my excuses and left rapidly.
That last sentence does remind me the News Of The World newspaper!
I met up with a former friend from work that I had lost touch with through Friends Reunited which does not exist any more. We still keep in touch on Facebook and meet up about now and again.
I also found an old friend that I knew had emigrated to USA in 1975 by searching on Facebook for his name and when I saw his profile picture of him on the turret of a tank with goggles on, I knew it could not be anyone else. He came over last year and a few of us got together to talk about old times.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 11:03 AM

I regularly meet acquaintances who I'm friendly with rather than friends,all of a sudden I meet with one whom I've not seen in ages and think you've aged,forgetting I must look the same.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2017, 05:55 PM

On a trip to UK about 6 years ago, I was sat having a coffee when this woman came over to me and said..."gosh you haven't changed at all", she then proceeded to talk about what we got up to at school, people in our class etc etc. Obviously it was someone I was at school with, but I was too embarrassed to ask who she was and I really hadn't got a clue. After a few minutes she rushed off to catch a bus, thank goodness. I still don't know who it was, despite going through a few old school photos.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top